Intel Core 2 Duo

glixon765

Baseband Member
HI, my family is buying a new computer, with a Intel Core 2 Duo 6400. I was wondering is an 6400 sufficient to play high-end games. Such as BF2, Crysis and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and if so what settings could I be hoping to run games if the rest of my computer had good components.

Thank you.

Well are they buying it from a major manufacturer? Like Dell, gateway, etc.?

If so the video cards are usually on board, and are not really that great as all. I would either recommend either building your own computer (which we would help you here w. that) or buying a video card along with the computer (we would also help you w. that too).

The Intel Core 2 Duo 6400 is plenty enough to play any current high end game. The part you need to worry about is the video card. An Nvidia 7800 series or better will do ya.

Well, um it only comes with a 7100 nvidia but I definitely plan on upgrading to 7800 series at least. Another question whats all these problems with running games on VIsta because the system's operating system is Vista Home Premium.

CompMan said:
Well are they buying it from a major manufacturer? Like Dell, gateway, etc.?

If so the video cards are usually on board, and are not really that great as all. I would either recommend either building your own computer (which we would help you here w. that) or buying a video card along with the computer (we would also help you w. that too).

im prob guna be building my own comp next time i get 1.but i no how to build it and then led's happen.i dont get how to connect them properly or the frontal usb ports.

well i think the 7100 can handle BF2 and STALKER but wait fro crysis to release its requirements for a video card. becuase its going to require DX10 and the only one that i know of thats out right now is the 8800 which is kinda expensive.

Yea but on board is bad news, you would def. have to upgrade that, whats the other specs of the computer BTW?

It has two gigs of ram, 320 gig hd, 18x DVD burner, not sure about the power supply and motherboard. I know the motherboard has a pci-e slot.

ok good good good...i want to play stalker too by the way :) :) :)

ne ways man...if i were you first off thats a great start...now crysis involves direct x 10 of course

so when the lower series of nvidia's 8000 series come out....(such as 8400 and 8200 ..idk what numbers they will be but will just be a lower series)...then you should buy one of those and stick it right in...it will be fast...and able to take dx10...also your ram and processor will be great :)!@

so if you think about it all you need to do it buy about a $200 video card when they come out and you shall be set...but the 7100 card should hold you on bf2 and stalker for a little bit (med/low graphics maybe)

Back
Top Bottom