*URGENT* Need help with PayPal to Avoid Scam!!!

mark, I understand that buying off of ebay and such can be very risky. But within a tight knit forum like this, and trading with trusted members, i wouldn't hesitate to use paypal. But i would never use ebay. If the person I'm trading with has a good reputation and good heatware, i would trade with them anytime.

After you have withdrawn the money, close your account. If you read the TOS, it states that paypal may withdraw money from your bank account for any reason. So if the guy uses a stolen credit card for example, they will take the funds from your account.

Well turns out a guy i was previously trying to sell the account to got the account banned and i lost my $160 dollars. Kind of sucks, as the guy was in the process of sending me the funds when he noticed my account was banned. :mad:

superman22x said:
No paypal is the most secure way to pay online. You dont give any info, just send the money to an email address. The only other way is by CC, or send the money by mail which is less secure anyway. Trust me I have an ebay account, buy and sell a lot, and do other things with paypal and have never lost money.
Well, Mark Thorpe says the opposite, & he's good at sussing out bad deals etc.

I've personaly never had a problem with paypal, but I dont use it that much so.. :p

I've made a good 115-120 transactions on eBay, all paid with Paypal, and I haven't had that many problems. I did get scammed once for about $30 and both eBay's dispute center and Paypal's dispute thing couldn't care any less so I lost that money, and scammed another time for $25 and I lost all the disputes again. That's $55 gone.

Other than that, the thousands that have went in and out of my Paypal account haven't left me with many problems. I had my bank account verified onto it for a while, but I took it off; didn't really trust Paypal too much. I still have a credit card linked and haven't had any unexpected charges.

I will continue to use Paypal, but you really should only purchase things from sellers on eBay with superior feedback ratings (I go with 2000+ minimum, usually, sometimes lower) but some of the huge sellers with way more than that also have lots of negative feedback and horrible customer support.

I prefer Amazon.ca

DO NOT TALK TO BLIZZARD ABOUT THIS!!!!!

It is against Blizzards EULA to sell or transfer ur account in any way or share it.. If you do its an instant ban.. TRUST me ive went throught this 4 times LOL ...

nah i ment cuz he said he wants to talk it over with blizzard.. i nearly had a heart attack..

Back
Top Bottom