A Heart-Warming Message from the RIAA

what happened to the times when music was about having fun and making it to feel happy and stuff

now its all these greedy assholes trying to extract every single penny from everysong for themselves

my bank balance tells me to carry on downloading..

i have 14+ gig of music, and the majority is downloaded..

imagine how much taht would cost to buy...

£10 - £20 for a CD that costs a few pence to actually make.. no thanks..

though there are a few that i will buy, like the new(ish) tool one, just cause the artwork/stuff inside was just so cool.. but it honestly doenst bother me to download songs..

bitlord/bittorrent FTW!!

Yeah, if I actually bought all the CD's in my music collection...:eek:

Well some are bought, but now that I don't have a job and my parents are gradually forcing me to be independent, I need to use my money for other things.

yeah, i need the money for things like a car, rent, food, drink, alcohol.. without those i couldnt function, lol, they ahve to take presidence over paying for some rich bastard to sit in his mansion :)

I am the world's biggest pirate in the world!

Take that!

Seriously, if I buy CDs, it's to contribute to ONE person only...the others..well, too bad.

borat_sagdiyev said:
what happened to the times when music was about having fun and making it to feel happy and stuff

now its all these greedy assholes trying to extract every single penny from everysong for themselves
nobody was complaining when our parents where taping music off the radio so what is so different now

muz379 said:
nobody was complaining when our parents where taping music off the radio so what is so different now

good question. anyone have teh RIAA's email, i'll ask them.

alvino said:
Hell, piracy literally built Romania. :rolleyes: Becides, artists hardly make money from album sales anyways, it's the publishers and record labels that make the big bucks.

It makes me wonder how accurate their claims are when they say, "millions of dollars" because no one buys albums here in the states for the most part. All the money comes from is the music videos, which are endorsed, and then publishings, from magazines, television programs etc etc. Money is seldom made on the album itself.

Back
Top Bottom