windows 98 and xp

hmm.. i could downlaod the sp2 for win 98 but how would i get it onto my 98 computer LOL is it small enough to fit on a floppy ROFL and no i don't have a cd burner on my windows 98 :(

oh and also i don't have a USB port on my rouder

yea both my windows xp computers has a burner and how would i connect the 98 box to the internet using the xp box?

and windows 98 is a laptop and one of my xp's is a laptop and another xp is a desktop.

like raffaz said early on, you could get a crossover cable and plug the network ports of teh 98 and XP machines together, and share the folders you want to copy from teh 98 onto the xp.

i know of a way i can get my 98 on the internet but i can't get the adapter installed right. it keeps saying its installed but when i plug it into the eithernet cable it won't connect. and i know the eithernet cable plugged into the rouder works because on my xp laptop i turned off the wireless and plugged it in and it connected to the internet just fine.

cant you put 98 on the xp pc? sounds like you dont use it much so just put xp on and disable some stuff to make it run decently

i use the XP computer alot i just found the hard drive for the 98 and thought i would try and explore but i wanted to do some stuff that required the internet so that is why i posted this LOL

if youve got xp on it then it will be easier to get on the internet. thats what id do. everything else seems to be failing at the minute :(

i have a windows xp laptop and desktop already.

when i go to install the eithernet adapter it keeps saying "Insert the windows 98 CD-ROM and click OK" so i do that and it comes up saying it again over and over. my CD drive is not broken. does it have to be the original CD that came with the computer or will any windows 98 cd do?

any 98 cd should do. i used a copied one in mine once and it worked fine. im saying put xp on it because then you wont get all these driver problems

Back
Top Bottom