New sound card for the PCI-express x1 slot

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Here's something new for the Hardware review:

ASUS Prepares PCIe x1 Sound Card
http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=4778

ASUS last week at CeBIT demonstrated its upcoming Xonar-series sound cards. The upcoming Xonar-series spawns two variants, the D2 and D2K in PCI and PCIe x1 interfaces. Dolby Digital Live and DTS Connect multi-channel audio encoding technologies are available for digital multi-channel audio. The Xonar-series also features 7.1-channel analog outputs for those that prefer analog to digital.

Early reports claim the ASUS Xonar-series feature an Analog Devices audio DSP, however, ADI denies any involvement in the sound card.

“I checked with our sales team and there is not an ADI part in this unit,” said Sandra Perry, product line manager, SoundMAX, DSP Division.

ASUS also touts Dolby Pro Logic IIx, Dolby Virtual Speaker and Dolby Virtual Headphone technologies for multi-channel upconverting and surround sound with stereo speakers and headphones. ASUS rates the Xonar-series with an 118dB playback and 115dB recording signal-to-noise ratios. The upcoming Xonar-series sound cards support 24-bit/192 KHz playback and recording resolutions and ASIO 2.0 as well.

ASUS internal testing reveals the Xonar-series is capable of low total harmonic distortion rates. The Xonar-series has 0.000006% THD on all eight analog outputs and the single line input, between the frequencies of 20Hz to 20 kHz. ASUS also equips the Xonar-series with an EMI shield and touts it provides “stable audio quality.”

Oh yeah. The Corolla was kind of strange since I don't even own it anymore and it's out of my existence. I swear I will never buy a Corolla again!! It's an identity crisis, lol. This car I have is a keeper for many, many years to come. I plan on saving a lot after it's paid off. I'm greatful that I was able to change it, so thanks to David for that.

But this sound card looks very promising. I believe it's the only sound card made for the PCI-e x1 right? SO far, there aren't a lot of expansion cards-- if any, that takes advantage for the PCi-e x1 yet.

Back
Top Bottom