all my games lag in vista

Ya I think im going to get a 512 stick of ram. I do have a flash drive but vista says its not fast enough to boost preformance

finalTrout said:
MUAHAHAHA. The legend of microsoft prevails.

you NEVER use the new operating systems. It's so funny how people do that, it's just dumb. Microsoft rushes into things because they wanna make money and they do because some people just don't learn. Every time they release something new, there is a glitch, bug, exploit or some stupid thing they did because it was easy. If microsoft finds a bug, and doesn't seem to think the money it takes to fix it is = to the people who wouldn't use it... they don't do it because it isn't a money sufficient problem. I still use 2000 because it DOESN'T BREAK. And until games need xp, i will keep using it. You dumb people automatically update thinking, "HEY GUYS, I AM USING VISTA BECAUSE I WANT TO WASTE MONEY/TIME... YAY". Almost everyone who is using vista is having problems. Games lag or don't even work. There has to be a HACK to allow it to work with many games. And until they are actually seeing a PROBLEM with people not buying it, they won't do a thing.

Don't even argue either, people who use the new microsoft os are the people who want to brag about their stupid crap. Just like my friend, who spent 2k on his computer for his dual-core processor. And guess what, he only plays WoW on it. You know how pointless that is? I said for him to use that money and maybe invest it in a LIFE.

As for fixing it, i say use XP or wait a couple months for them to realize the problem to fix it.

Dood, don't upgrade your computer. Come on now, he said they lag in VISTA. VISTA. The problem is usually the new thing added... Just maybe... 256mb card, i have a radeon 9k and i can run 3 l2's with some lag and load up 2 l2's while playing ns. I can run every game out their and it's fine. People may laugh about my specs, actually... i will say them... 512 DDR, 2gig amd, radeon 9k... And i can run everything for the simple fact that i'm not retarded and i get the things that WORK other then the things that are POPULAR. As odd as that may be for Nvidia users.
Get your facts right before posting. Do you have any real experience with Vista? I doubt it.

Can you play every game out there?? Maybe. Can you play every game out there with a decent frame rate?? No.

What exactly is a 2 gig AMD supposed to be? Do you mean 2 GHz? And what are you going on about with L2's and NS's?

Vista isn't exactly popular. Vista is less than 1% of web traffic. Even 98 is more popular.
http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,129525/article.html

before you get set on another 512 stick, i want to ask how you currently have your RAM set up. is it 3 256 sticks, or one 512 and one 256?

Either way, you'll want to set up and arrange your RAM to utilize the DDR on your board. so using the 1 & 1 for example i'll explain just to be sure you understand what i'm talkin about. Most boards have for RAM ports. these are split into two groups represented (normally) by two different colors. If you have three sticks of RAM, and one of them is a different size then you want that in its own separate color. with the two evenly matched sizes in a matching color set. this way you can utilize the technology you are buying and have dual data rate.

[edit] crap, just though bout it, if you have three sticks in, it cannot run at Dual rate. it will only work if you have 2 or 4 sticks in the board as matched pairs.

256+512 and one slot left, so if i get a 512 will that set the 512s up for double data rate?

Wait until better drivers get released for Vista. They still need ironing out.

mikee286 said:
256+512 and one slot left, so if i get a 512 will that set the 512s up for double data rate?

you would need to take the 256 out, but then yes it would. sorry if i worded that post kinda crappily. To be honest tho, i don't know what would benifit you more in gamming, the little speed boost you would see using teh Double data rate, or more RAM.

I'm going to go with more ram, if I had enough money I would take out the 256 and add 2 gig

finalTrout said:

you NEVER use the new operating systems. It's so funny how people do that, it's just dumb. Microsoft rushes into things because they wanna make money and they do because some people just don't learn. Every time they release something new, there is a glitch, bug, exploit or some stupid thing they did because it was easy. If microsoft finds a bug, and doesn't seem to think the money it takes to fix it is = to the people who wouldn't use it... they don't do it because it isn't a money sufficient problem. I still use 2000 because it DOESN'T BREAK. And until games need xp, i will keep using it. You dumb people automatically update thinking, "HEY GUYS, I AM USING VISTA BECAUSE I WANT TO WASTE MONEY/TIME... YAY". Almost everyone who is using vista is having problems. Games lag or don't even work. There has to be a HACK to allow it to work with many games. And until they are actually seeing a PROBLEM with people not buying it, they won't do a thing.

Don't even argue either, people who use the new microsoft os are the people who want to brag about their stupid crap. Just like my friend, who spent 2k on his computer for his dual-core processor. And guess what, he only plays WoW on it. You know how pointless that is? I said for him to use that money and maybe invest it in a LIFE.

As for fixing it, i say use XP or wait a couple months for them to realize the problem to fix it.

Dood, don't upgrade your computer. Come on now, he said they lag in VISTA. VISTA. The problem is usually the new thing added... Just maybe... 256mb card, i have a radeon 9k and i can run 3 l2's with some lag and load up 2 l2's while playing ns. I can run every game out their and it's fine. People may laugh about my specs, actually... i will say them... 512 DDR, 2gig amd, radeon 9k... And i can run everything for the simple fact that i'm not retarded and i get the things that WORK other then the things that are POPULAR. As odd as that may be for Nvidia users.

Oh really? ive had no problems whatsoever with Vista, and i think its better than xp, bugs and glitches wise. No crashes. I play GW, i get 30fps, It could be better but why complain, It still runs great. Its always gonna happen with a new OS. You yourself probably have never tried vista or bought a new OS close to its release date. Vista is the best MS has done yet. Sure its not perfect, but its the best yet.

finalTrout said:

Good point, but what if he got Vista with his computer or something like I did? Not many people are gonna bother to reformat, buy a license for 2000 or XP and do it that way.

I do prefer XP better though, my old computer with half the RAM could run games much better than this one.

No I baught vista seperate 2 days after it came out. I have a weakness for all the new technology. I usually look on tigerdirect for parts but they don't have the ram I want because they only sell them in pairs and thats no good for me seeing as I only have one slot left. Also if the game is running for a while the fps will go up to about 20.

Back
Top Bottom