north bridge temp

no not pverclocked, well I thin i may have found the problem :p lol, two of the fans in the front of my case were turned around so there was absolutley no air being sucked into the case lol, at idle it was 32*C, now its 37*C just on the internet and pc probe going i'll run bf2 to see what its at under load

no not pverclocked, well I thin i may have found the problem :p lol, two of the fans in the front of my case were turned around so there was absolutley no air being sucked into the case lol, at idle it was 32*C, now its 37*C just on the internet and pc probe going i'll run bf2 to see what its at under load

The standard is draw in from the front and exhaust out the back. Any fan holes that don't have a fan parked in it should be taped shut. That passive cooler depends on the air flow headed out the back. You might want to consider higher volume fans in the front and the back. Makes a little more noise but does a better job cooling things off. Also look for holes or vents that are open. Tape them shut. A little extra work now pays off later...

setishock said:
The standard is draw in from the front and exhaust out the back. Any fan holes that don't have a fan parked in it should be taped shut. That passive cooler depends on the air flow headed out the back. You might want to consider higher volume fans in the front and the back. Makes a little more noise but does a better job cooling things off. Also look for holes or vents that are open. Tape them shut. A little extra work now pays off later...

yep, i did this with one of mine, dropped the chipset from 38 idle to 33 loaded, makes a huge difference, and is the easiest/cheapest way to inprove cooling

EDIT: also make sure that any open PCI ports have the metal cover over them, i tend to put more fans in back, than front, and leave the pci cover below, or above the graphics card open, so the airflow is coming in the open pci, and pulling the hot air from the heatsink and fan on the graphics, worked for me ;)

ya, maybe my case is just a bad design, cause theres only two fans in fron, one on top, and one in back all 80MM, but that dropped it to 41*C load, still seems kinda high but that could be because of the tuniq tower hanging right over the chipset cooler...

wow, only one fan in back?? the back should have equal if not more than the front, i suppose you could draw in air from the front, suck it out the top, and back... if your not already doing that... simple science, heat rises

ya thats what its doing pull air in front blow out back and top, maybe i'll do some case modding to add more fans...

prolly good idea to be safe, then you can slow them down a tad, have more airflow and it will be quieter ;)

You can make what you have work. Hacking up a case for fans is a last resort. Balance is the key. Back and top out, front in. One thing you can do if you have the tools is to cut out the grillwork. That blocks a lot of the air flow.

Back
Top Bottom