A Heart-Warming Message from the RIAA

muz379 said:
love the reply at the bottom that says

plus why is this only targeted at younger people , i know of an older person who downloaded over 400 songs from p2p and other cos he couldnt be bothered transferring from vinyl and tape and my parents alsouse limewire and other p2p a lot so its not just younger people

lol my parents ask me whenever they want songs :p

I agree with the statement, something needs to be done about pirating music and dvds. I think the p2p programs should be shut down - that would solve the problem

David Lindon said:
I agree with the statement, something needs to be done about pirating music and dvds. I think the p2p programs should be shut down - that would solve the problem

i love p2p and torrents, even though ita ripping off the companies. i use them a lot. shutting them down would be the right thing to do .... but my heart keeps telling me to continue downloading :(

Gizmodo said:
The University of Nebraska isn't scared by the RIAA and their army of undead, soulless lawyers. No, they're refusing to hand over student data to the bullies, but what makes them even cooler is the fact that they're billing the RIAA for the time they've wasted. Hot damn, that takes balls.

Will the RIAA pay up? Doubtful, but this sends a clear message that the U of N isn't going to put up with their BS. First the ISPs, now the colleges. You just can't find an institution that'll bend over and take it, can you, RIAA?

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-ent...ska-bills-the-riaa-for-wasted-time-246604.php

Good. A college that is taking a stand. Hopefully other colleges will follow and show the RIAA that no one wants to bend over and get it up the you-know-where.

lol wow.... i'm sure we could just tell the RIAA that your simply downloading the music as a backup for a friend online that you've never met before. afterall, backing things up is legal :cool:

David Lindon said:
they cant i bet 50%+ of the torrents and P2P downloads are located on servers in 3rd world countrys who dont inforce international copyright laws. whats the US and UK goverment going to do about the servers in other countrys :rolleyes:
ill admit i download music for free but why come after a kid who downloads a song a week. they shouldnt crack down on the downloaders but the uploaders. i NEVER upload.

altho most of my music is from my friends xbox that me and my bro modded :D.....thats what they should do distrubute music via modded xboxs lol

dude_se said:
i love p2p and torrents, even though ita ripping off the companies. i use them a lot. shutting them down would be the right thing to do .... but my heart keeps telling me to continue downloading :(
its my wallet that tells me to keep downloading , i cant afford to pay for all the cd's that i have downloaded , and i will buy a cd's occasionally ,

Back
Top Bottom