Sound card driver troubles

rally_master

Beta member
I am having a little problem with my sound card driver. I currently am using a VIA AC 97 sound card and a few days ago i downloaded the vinyl AC 97 driver and i have noticed that when i play music it is sped up a little and the voices sound a little high pitched.. now if i put on the radio it sound like the chipmunks were singing. it is not only music that has a weird sound everything in general on the computer has a bizzare sound to it almost like its fast forwarding. i have tried to reinstall the driver various times i also adjusted the hardware acceleration in control panel. I tried to find the original driver on the net (Legacy Audio Driver) but was unsuccessful if anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated
thanks in advance

Goto device manager and use the rollback option, this should put the previous driver back.

Have you got your mobo disc? If you have then uninstall the new driver and reinstall the old one from the disc

Goto the mobo manufacturers website and download them from there, whats the mobo make/model?

have you got any kind of audio effects software on your pc that came with the driver? did you just download the driver also how long has this been happening for is it just recent ie a few weeks?
i know with my soundcard there is a way of making your sound change ie into a chipmunk by going into your soundcard settings.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom