north bridge temp

hascet

Fully Optimized
My mobo temp is 48*C! Do you think it could be because of the tuniq tower being right over the chipset so theres not to much airflow over the heatsink?

That is a bit high now isn't it? What kind of airflow do you have through the case? Is the cooler on the NB passive or does it it have a fan?

its passive cooling it looks like this:
asus_motherboard_p5b_deluxe_wifi_b2689.jpg

there is a fan that you can put on it but they say for use with watercooling or passive cooling only, and it won't fit with my tuniq tower there anyway...

Hmm . . .
Is there a way to orientate the Tuniq so it's airflow is directed towards the radiator for the NB cooler?

asus-5bdeluxedrawing.jpg

airflow is represented by the arrows, you think I should try turning it around so its sucking the air in the fron and blowing it out the back?

Yea, turn that sucker around. It would be preferable to have it flow from front to back. It will match the airflow of your case and help provide the needed airflow through the NB cooler's radiator.

ok, I'm turning it around now do you think I should remove the little asus cover, on the heatsink, would it improve temps?

well thats certainly better, but my old abit VT7 runs at 35 while idle, so for your new motherboard, 40 is much more resonable than 48

Back
Top Bottom