Media Center Remote?

Mattyl110792

Daemon Poster
Hey,

Just installed Media Center onto an older PC and got it hooked up to the TV....and was wondering if I could purchase a remote such as this....

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/PC-Windows-M...105394862QQcategoryZ44961QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And use it with the Media Center application? I know that there is a special MCE remote, but it's a lot more expensive so was wondering if there was a mod/hack to make this or something similar compatible

Thanks

Matt

@BGates thanks for the offer mate :) pity about my location lol

@Borat....the link I got in the first post has a USB reciever, all I need to know is how to get MCE to recognize and utilize the remote

Matt

Yeah, with media center you open it and theres options to configure the remote. I had it on my old computer but never got the remote to work, I'm not even sure I had a reciever on my computer but they gave me the remote.

Well, the listing says "PC Windows Media Center Remote Control USB IR Receiver"...yet in the description it says that it is supported with this software, and doesn't mention Media Center...
"Software Supported by Remote Control:
Windows Media Player, WinAMP,WinDVD,
PowerPoint Presentation, Power DVD
ACDSee, Internet Explorer, Adobe Acrobat
QuickTime Player, RealPlayer CD Player"

So would it work with the media center app, i'm still lost?

Matt

windows media center is the operating system. I would guess that that remote only works on windows xp:media center

Back
Top Bottom