Stalker lags on minimum!

rahxephon1

Baseband Member
I just bought Stalker and to my extreme suprise it lags even on minimum settings yet my hardware is over the minimum reqs

im running a dell e520
Windows vista 32bit
Pentium D 2.8ghz
1gb ram
ati 256mb x1300 pro

im guessing its my shit video card....im thininking of buying a 7900 what do you guys think?

its your processor too. The P-D was never good with games, also 2GB of RAM helps too.

acually its just your proccesor Pentium D was never a good CPU. 1GB of ram is more than enough and x1300 video card is more than enough as well

borat_sagdiyev said:
well your problem is that you are running vista. it makes games lag :)

really you know this by fact? because every game i used to play on xp runs just as well with vista...theres only about 2-3% up of processer usage...and i like vista its works really well aslong as you have patience to fix all the drivers on your comp and find alternatives to incompatible software.

now back on the subject...what processer would you guys suggest? im thinking of getting the core 2 duo 2.40 ghz unless the 2.13 (i think it is) will do the trick then ill go for hat and pick up a stick of ram while im at it.

acually the borat guy is right ati and nvidia didn't perfected their video card drivers for vista yet, some article says XP will perform games 50% better. People just need vista cuz its direct x10 caplable.

Since you got a dell, i don't think the mobo will be that overclocking friendly. Any C2D will do the trick but wikipedia recommends E6400

ah don't trust wiki on everything. for the best bang for you buck, get the E6600. Anyone who's used it on here, or the numerous reviews on newegg will show ya how good of a chip it really is. its fast, and extreamly flexable. it will do what you want it to do.

Its vista, I have a 7900gs, 1 gig, and a C2D. I play BF2142 on med-low settings and it is 45fps but drops to like 19 every once in a while, or freezes and stuff.

superman22x said:
Its vista, I have a 7900gs, 1 gig, and a C2D. I play BF2142 on med-low settings and it is 45fps but drops to like 19 every once in a while, or freezes and stuff.

lol i play bf2142 on med settings with little to no lag...with my setup...vista works fine with all the games i play...and im too lazy to reformat lol

im gunna upgrade my processor and from there im gunna just keep upgrading till i have a good rig

Back
Top Bottom