Good reliable Broadband companies for the UK

Anubis1980

Daemon Poster
Hey, well im moving back from Sunny Spain to erm sunny (i wish) UK and i need a reliable broadband company. Pref unlimited downloads (who arent strict) they HAVE to be reliable tho, ie no cut offs for long periods as i work from the net. Does anyone have any experience with any of the companies offering bb? would they recommend one to me please.

Cheers

If you're wanting 100% unthrottled unlimited downloads then I think you're wanting cable. I hear most of the UK ADSL providers have hidden limits, Fair Usage Policies, port throttling, download caps etc.

NTL (before they became Virgin) apparently traffic shaped upstream during peak hours.

Well AOL is uncapped, its not bad as long as you dont use their software:). BT came tops on watchdog at the beginning of the week, Virgin were second and AOL were 3rd. Orange and talk talk were bottom.

My bro uses orange, he has so many problems with them. Now theyre paying himm 200 pounds, giving him free modems etc lol and paying his BT phone line. My brother is a great bitcher lol, dont wanna mess with him on a fone ;)

a good reliable internet is my neighbours lool

43hwlk8.jpg

but i would say bt is very reliable, just expensive

Raffaz said:
and capped:)

true lol. i do my fair share of downloading but i survive on my bt option 3 plan :) 2mb atm and 40gb bandwith. i supose some more would be good though

I do a fair bit of downloading aswell and im on tiscali max 8mb unlimited., its ok but they dont like you downloading between 6pm and 11pm (FAIR USAGE POLICY) they cap you if you persist in downloading between those times.I dont mind it myself i just download threw the night.

Back
Top Bottom