UK Government petition against Microsoft and thier pricing

joxley1990 said:
Ah yeah, forgot about that one.. majority of the members are from the US!

yeah, but I don't think the UK should be charged a higher price. I think that shows Micro$oft's greediness. Sure in the US it's cheaper but it's still a hefty price to pay in my opinion. I don't think microsoft realizes that there are more people outside of the US than inside as far as consumers go. If microsoft wants to push vista out so quickly and get it adopted well, they better lower the price especially to those outside the US since they make up a very large amount of Microsoft sales. I don't think it would kill Microsoft too much to lower the price to a reasonable amount.

troy272 said:
I don't think it would kill Microsoft too much to lower the price to a reasonable amount.

Bill 'Bloody' Gates is the richest bloody man on the bloody planet (worth £30billion or something ($60 billion). With that sort of bloody financial secuirty he could afford to bloody give it away for free!

The bloody toe-rag.

No one is forcing anyone to buy bloody Vista anyway - if customers don't want to pay bloody over-inflated prices they dont bloody have too.

Any way us Brits get bloody heavily overcharged for everything. Just look at bloody Sony PS3 prices - £425 - only £300 outside of bloody UK!!

Although I bloody agree UK Vista prices are bloody too high!

Raveboy said:
Bill 'Bloody' Gates is the richest bloody man on the bloody planet (worth £30billion or something ($60 billion). With that sort of bloody financial secuirty he could afford to bloody give it away for free!

The bloody toe-rag.

No one is forcing anyone to buy bloody Vista anyway - if customers don't want to pay bloody over-inflated prices they dont bloody have too.

Any way us Brits get bloody heavily overcharged for everything. Just look at bloody Sony PS3 prices - £425 - only £300 outside of bloody UK!!

Although I bloody agree UK Vista prices are bloody too high!

Bloody calm down man!

you know it is quite possible that it is the terrif that the UK government has on imported consumer products. I wont be voting because i'm in the us and really i can't see the potition working. The prime minister really can't do anything to pressure or force microsoft to lower their pricing for windows vista. The only thing i think the prime minister could possibly do is stop accepting shipments of microsoft's product, which wouldn't solve the problem because then no 1 could get vista near as easially.

Because we pay more in sales tax than they do in the us, plus their corporation tax will be higher etc etc. In the US they are distributing a product that was created there so it will be priced lower

David Lindon said:
Because we pay more in sales tax than they do in the us, plus their corporation tax will be higher etc etc. In the US they are distributing a product that was created there so it will be priced lower
yeah by the looks of it at this budget business tax has gone up in the UK
plus we pay VAt 17.5% on to of the price of everything

David Lindon said:
oesn't quite work like tat.

normally, the bulk cost of a product is recovered in te country where the prouct was made, this is wy CD' are a lot more expensive in britain/u than they are in the far east.

(an I only know that becaue it was on the new earlier this week bcaues of CDWOW getting told that they are no longer allowed to sell import CD's).

Back
Top Bottom