Computer restarting

wally222

Baseband Member
The computer I have has Windows 2000, and I am starting to run into this problem now. The computer will get to the Windows boot up screen, and after that, it flashes a very quick BSOD, and then reboots itself. It is doing this everytime I boot up now. Is this a hard drive problem? Thanks

I'd pop in the CD and enter recovery console. Then, type in at the command prompt, fixmbr and fixboot.

Thanks for the link. And as for the system, nothing has been touched. It's used by somebody who merely goes on it to get her work done.

Best thing is to try using the last known good config as suggrested in that article, and if that doesnt work, then carry on working through the article from there.

Ok I ran the Chkdsk /r in the recovery console, and when it was finished, it said the volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems. Am I out of luck with this then?

Maybe your HD is damaged. should he replace the HD and reinstall with 2000 recovery disk? Oh and that would give you a chance to update to Vista =)

Back
Top Bottom