Selling items through CF

That's actually a very good idea. I belong to a Lexus car club online and they have the exact same standard in which a member has to have so many posts before then can post in the Advertisement section. It's a pretty effective way to reduce scam. It's been implemented in other forums and can be done here too.

but you see with the post count stuff, some one could just hang around in the social lounge all day long and make random comments everyday. This wouldn't contribute to the forum. Maybe they are just trying to access the for sale section. David will have to see which sections count toward post count and which do not. Post count is a way to measure dedication to a forum, but counting off topic posts shows no dedication at all.

Also, you should check into heatware. Its a feedback system that is a lot better than ebay feedback in which you can not make separate accounts and give feedback to another account since you can math the username on the heatware to the username on the forum in which the item was sold or bought ;) Here's mine for example: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=45718

If social lounge is such a huge issue, then do away with it--but I highly doubt David will do that since this issue's been posted in the past.

I don't want him to make this forum any more complicated by applying all kinds of junk to it. Having members post in the ad section when reaching a certain post limit is pretty good since you get a feel for their reputation and what kind of person they are regardless if they post in social lounge or any other sections.

ownage said:
hey David, do you think you can make it a rule to have your username and date written on a piece of paper with the product in a picture so we know that they person actually has the item in possession? Its a verification system that works very well to prevent scammers. Please think this over. Thanks!

Yeah, a lot of forums like OC Forums and XtremeSystems do that.

Brookfield said:
Every comment you've made here is spot on, I agree with every point you've made, it's not the members that have been here a while that would ignore the rules about this, they should have more sense, & mostly they do, god bless 'em!, it's some newbies & junior members that we have to watch out for, I'm afraid, those who've been here for from one day, up to about three months so please guys, the moment you see something like this, please report it straight away, we mods rely a lot on reported posts, sometimes a lot of us are either asleep [time differential] or at work or at college, so the quicker you act, the quicker we can nab them, also if a member doesn't follow the correct procedure, please don't ask him details or attempt to open up a deal, thanks.

Off topic, but that is easily one of the longest run-on sentences I have ever seen in my 17 years of living on this planet. :eek: Seriously though...periods are here for a reason. ;) No need to go comma-crazy.

^ haha yeah, i was just thinking that..

these little dudes dont bite.. try them occasionally..

give it a go :)

OK, I'll watch that in future, but I'm not the only one who's abusing the English language here. It's not only the young or the newbies, no capitals used where needed or capitals used in the wrong places. There are those who post using textspeak like "u" instead of "you" etc.......there, is that better?, there's no real excuse for such long sentences, except that I dash them off with thinking, poor excuse I know, hey Mark how about you using capitals when starting sentences, also capital "i's" when referring to yourself? lol.

Brookfield said:
Acronyms should be capitalised as well. :)

When did this thread veere so badly off course from the original subject?

root said:
Acronyms should be capitalised as well. :)

When did this thread veere so badly off course from the original subject?
OK, one question just for fun, then it's back on topic; AIDS & LASER are acronyms, but what do they stand for?, I had to dig deep to remember LASER. I knew that LED was for light emitting diode, as we all do.

Back
Top Bottom