Gamers, read on!

blah380

Solid State Member
{This message is informative. It is not intended as spam. I am trying to share a cool program. This message includes a direct quote from the related company.}

Hey people! Just wanted you guys to know.. i was browsing some forums the other day, and i came accross a link for a program called 'Playlinc'. I looked into it, to see what the program is and what it does. Turns out, its pretty much an all-encompassing in game program. It allows you to IM friends (like XFire). However, you DO NOT NEED TO SIGN UP FOR IT. Yeah. It uses your AIM and/or ICQ screenname as your username. Dont believe me? Look at it. If you have a firewall that shows where its connecting, itll show it trying to login to the AIM server. Anyway, on top of in game IMing with all your AIM and ICQ friends, it allows you to do voice chat (up to 32 people at once), they host servers for free (fiber-optic speeds), they allow you to 'follow' buddies, they allow you to make GAN games (a new breed of game. Think: LAN + Internet combined. Invite buddies to a private LAN game as if they were wired directly into your LAN.), they have profiles, allow you to manage clans, even browse the web while in game. Here is a quote directly from them:

----------------

I'd like you introduce you folks to http://www.playlinc.com A Free service for gamers. You will find great review from got frag over here http://exe.gotfrag.com/portal/story/33785/

SURF WEBSITES INSIDE GAME WITH PLAYLINC

IM INSIDE THE GAME

HOST FREE GAMESERVERS OFF OUR DATACENTERS( click to expand)

We are also hiring .So if you're interested in working for the gaming industry (part-time, from home). Please sign up here http://ambassadors.playlinc.com . UP TP $10 / Hour For:

If you play other games: Here is what you get for free, all the time. No catch, never pay a dime.

About Playlinc â„¢

Playlinc ™ is an all encompassing free gaming “no registration required" portal for PC and console gamers with services that include:

Free game server hosting: Host games through our free high speed servers located in our data centers on both coasts THROUGH A FIBER OPTIC CONNECTION. Example: Free CS, BF2, BF2142! . Its all free! all the time! The speed and reliability of fiber optic dedicated servers without the cost.[/b]

Built in Free VOIP servers: Don't pay for Ventrillo or Teamspeak VOIP servers ever again.

Game area network (GAN): GAN eliminates the “Achilles Heel” for LAN-based games that require all players to be in a localized setting. Turn your LAN based games into a multiplayer online game! A mod/map maker's delight.

Buddy IM systems: Our convenient IM service is based on AIM or ICQ and it allows you to keep in touch with your gaming friends in and out of game!

Game Overlay (In game chat client): Triple Threat! The Game overlay service allows you to communicate through text or voice with all of your AIM or ICQ friends in and outside the game. But wait! It also lets you control your free voice servers (up to 32 players) and be able to surf websites right in the game! NO MORE ALT-TABBING!

Follow your buddies into games : This one click service drops you into the very game that your buddies are playing within, eliminating the hassle in finding their game server.

Prizes and giveaways: Enjoy a multitude of promotions and prize giveaways from our partners. Great contests like Verizon's promotion that gave away 50 Alienware computers in 50 days! Plus: Tournament's by recognized online gaming sites like the CPL, one which paid $100,000 to a single winner!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, the ball's in your court. Download all our free services at www.Playlinc.com. Try it! Playlinc: Gamers helping gamers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I come to you as a gamer informing other games of an awesome program. I have received some complaints from other forums that the pictures look photoshopped, and that there is no way anyone would do all this for free. However, if you look at their website (www.playlinc.com) you will see its perfectly real. If you still dont believe me, look at verizon (one of their sponsers.) Here's a link directly to their site: http://www2.verizon.net/micro/50days/

Hope you guys will look into this, and spread the word when you start to love it. Because i know you will.

Not advertising. Im telling you about something. I make no money from this, nor do i gain anything from it. Im just informing people of it. If a mod thinks its advertising, please tell me... :-/.

I believe for it to be advertising, i have to actually get something from the 'ad'. I mean, if i walked up to and said 'hey dude, guess what i heard about...?', would that be advertising? Since youre not here, i cant walk up to you. So i did the next best thing. It IS worth a try.

I'd be a bit concerned about a messenger service that you don't have to sign up for!

but this service seems free. perhaps paid for by advertising.

I don't see any harm in letting it go, but other mods may feel differently.

I don't see anything wrong either. If it does for a purpose of gaming, I think it's good to keep it there, as it's free, so no money making, and it should be fun.

OK, you two, I'll leave it for now too, he joined in '05, but as I said in another thread this morning it doesn't mean that that fact precludes members that have been with us a good while.

Back
Top Bottom