Internet Problems

Istonian

Daemon Poster
My internet does not work. I was working fine untill I had to cut off the power to the modem. Now when I turn the modem on it says obtaining connection and then says limited connection. It is cable internet. The little lights on the ethernet card are working.

maybe your cable supplier is experiencing technical issues and maybe it wasnt wise to cut the power maybe it would of sorted itself out after a while just a guess i could be totally wrong so don't slate me for it.

Matt

istonian said:
My internet does not work. I was working fine untill I had to cut off the power to the modem. Now when I turn the modem on it says obtaining connection and then says limited connection. It is cable internet. The little lights on the ethernet card are working.

Does the modem have any sort of reset button, your not with NTL by any chance are you, because we are and we have been having similar problems.

It has done something similar before. And it wasn't wise, but it was neccesary.

Try repairing the connection, by right clicking it and clicking repair. Also try rebooting if you havent done so already.

are the lights on the modem on...? my motorola surfboard 5120 has a button on the top that puts the modem in standby and I accidentally hit it once and called Cox Cable to ask why I couldn't get on the internet, that's when they told me about the standby button...

you may have reset the memory on it, It's possible you'd have t set up a new internet connection ON your modem. You can type the ip address for it on your browser and go to it.

Well, I tried reparing it and all. I don't think it has a standby button. It has a reset button, and I have tried it. No luck. And how do you do the ip address thing Paper?

Back
Top Bottom