Car Thread!

Have you ever had experience with just taking out the resonator on a car, but leaving everything else stock? I've been meaning to make my car growl like the 350Z's or the G35 coupes. Man, they sound good.

You talking about intake or exhaust? For my intake I ripped my box out and put a cone on the end, and it certainly growled. I didn't like it at first but it grew on me. Exhaust, well, that's a given.

TRDCorolla said:
I guess when it comes to cost, it's a nice starter car. Let's just hope that no one snatches it until Saturday because that car does stand out, especially those wheels.

Nah, no one is gonna snatch it.

Ha, you're right it does stand out with those wheels. Which is good and bad. Its cool that its flashy, but its one of the top most stolen cars in the US so thats also bad. Not to mention the loud exhaust that brings any more attention. So i'm going to wait on a sub before i'm consistant at a manual, and it's not like I need another reason for someone to break into the car.

D-Lew said:
You talking about intake or exhaust? For my intake I ripped my box out and put a cone on the end, and it certainly growled. I didn't like it at first but it grew on me. Exhaust, well, that's a given.

On the dual tipped tail pipe (which I took the picture down because I didnt have time to edit out the license plate) it looks like an APEX logo.

ArrizX said:
Nah, no one is gonna snatch it.

Ha, you're right it does stand out with those wheels. Which is good and bad. Its cool that its flashy, but its one of the top most stolen cars in the US so thats also bad. Not to mention the loud exhaust that brings any more attention. So i'm going to wait on a sub before i'm consistant at a manual, and it's not like I need another reason for someone to break into the car.
Get a Sparco steering wheel with a quick release and take it out every time you park. Forget "The Club," racing wheel = best anti-theft EVAR!

ArrizX said:
On the dual tipped tail pipe (which I took the picture down because I didnt have time to edit out the license plate) it looks like an APEX logo.
I was actually answering TRD's question, but how does the exhaust sound?

D-Lew said:
I was actually answering TRD's question, but how does the exhaust sound?

Oh, haha sorry. I don't know yet. I havent seen the car in person. All he said was that it was a loud car.

D-Lew said:
Get a Sparco steering wheel with a quick release and take it out every time you park. Forget "The Club," racing wheel = best anti-theft EVAR!

Thats actually really smart..

The exhaust. I hear the resonator also makes a difference in the sound of your exhaust too. My car is DEAD quiet which sucks. The G35 got their sport tuned exhaust which makes a killer ripping noise, but the IS250 is just quiet. I was thinknig about getting the resonator cut out and have a muffler shop weld in a straight pipe to replace it. At the same time, it will be quiet under idle and for the most part. Once you stomp on it, whew, I want that tone to come out--but not loud like most aftermarket exhaust system produce. This baby's got dual exhaust and the sportiness of it is begging to come out.

You could unbolt the pipes just to see what happens, then determine how much extra sound you want compared to when the pipes were on the car and go from there.

Back
Top Bottom