Car Thread!

Id like not to say how much I payed.

Although at the lot, it was for sale for 13,999.

But I got a deal..

2 bad i can't see the image at work. but once i get home i will look at it ^_^ wat car are you looking at arrizx? btw sry about ur car, i did read up on it yesterday.

EDIT: to the brake talk: i have 4-disk brakes as well :D and also the only reason the brakes in the front make so much more dust is because of the % that the front brakes have 2 take 2 stop the car. It's not the pads, balance, or size of the rotor. Simply the braking power used/needed for the front :)

You really plan on getting that Civic? I hear the Si for that model year isn't too good compared to the newer 06-07 SI's. There's very little change from the regular Civics to the SI on that hatchback so people are kind of overpaying for the SI's. Definitely try to get the new SI if you can.

I've been meaning to take some pictures today. I even had my camera in my car but somehow, slipped my mind. The plates haven't come in yet, but I like to get one of those tinted plate cover to match the paint job.

Well that makes more sense about the brake dust. Man, if you don't keep up with rim cleaning, it will be literally black. I've seen some of those BMW's with big ass rims and wow, they look nasty. It's always the women that tend to neglect them.

There are these sprays you can buy from Walmart or any auto parts store that's suppose to reduce the dust on rims overtime. I don't know how effective those are, but you have to leave them on the rim for like a minute before wiping it clean. Plus, some of them are kind of harmful to the body too. It takes me like a good 5-10 minutes to wipe down the front rims. The rear, man, I hardly ever touch them. Way too clean. I thought I had drums on the back, lol.

The new SI is out of his price range I bet. The older Civic SI's aren't too bad, they just didn't live up to their names really. The SVT Focus delivers more on the speed and handling, but not so much the reliability... but I'm not going to bore you guys with my biased comments. I'm sure he'll love the SI, I probably would have done the same thing if I could find a deal on one.

TRD, the spray just loosens the dust and makes it a little easier to clean. I don't really bother using it on my new wheels since they're so smooth, the dust just comes right off. Here's a tip for you, wax your wheels and the dust will come off a lot easier. It's an extra step every time you detail, but it will save you some suffering with quick rinses. You could also find some low dust brake pads if they bother you to much, most even improve braking performance.

Lol, I never thought of waxing the rims. I talked to the dealer about using semi-metallic pads, they insist that it is not recommended because it's harsher than the soft pads they use. OMG, most everyone uses semi-metallic pads so I don't know if he's telling me the truth or not.

Majority of the rim surface are smooth but there are some of the corners that are rough, which the dust tends to hide in more. THose are hard to get out unless you have a brush with you. If all those wheel spray does is loosens it up, I don't think I will need it anyways since water is pretty effective too and it's neutral. If there was ever an invention for dustless pads (which I think is impossible since braking technology has been the same for the last 50 years), then that would be good.

I'm 16. You honestly think I can afford a new 06, or 07 Civic SI?

Hahaha wow.

I'm more then lucky to get this, considering we got 4 thousand off it. I got this car for under blue blook from a dealership. My dad has connections... This car (same year as my brothers) with rims (that my dad wouldnt let me get if they werent already on it) and an APEX exhaust system that my dad would never let me get.... Yeah I think I lucked out.

I couldnt be any happier with this.

TRDCorolla said:
Majority of the rim surface are smooth but there are some of the corners that are rough, which the dust tends to hide in more. THose are hard to get out unless you have a brush with you. If all those wheel spray does is loosens it up, I don't think I will need it anyways since water is pretty effective too and it's neutral. If there was ever an invention for dustless pads (which I think is impossible since braking technology has been the same for the last 50 years), then that would be good.

Or a power washer. Thats what I use. I'm not sure about using this on my new rims, though on low power I don't see it being a problem.

I guess when it comes to cost, it's a nice starter car. Let's just hope that no one snatches it until Saturday because that car does stand out, especially those wheels.

Dealers do not know about performance products. I use Mintex semi-metallics on mine with stronger OEM style rotors from EBC and they're probably around 60% as dusty as OEM was. The good low dust pads are ceramics, they seem to have about the same braking force with a lot less dust. Rule of thumb - usually great stopping pads are loud and dusty, average stopping pads can be quiet and not dusty if engineered correctly. Performance is all about compromises: if you really want to go fast, your car will most likely be uncomfortable, loud, and ghetto.

Back
Top Bottom