I Need Some Help

usarmcdonald

Solid State Member
ok so i just built my first computer powered it up turned on the front, but still nothing comes on the monitor.

i am running a nvidia7900 GPU on an asus sli board any suggestions where to start?

yes everything powers up the zalman heatsink lights come on the cd-rom comes on it seems like its loading but i just have no display

i first started with a cheap 100 dollar graphics card and nothing came on so i figured i had to have an SLI card so i bought a nice PNY 7900 sli compatible but still nothing comes on

I have even tried 3 different monitors with 3 different cords, nothing

Things to check.

Make sure the CPU and HSF are fully seated correctly.

You could have a short. maybe a piece of metal touching the motherboard, or even a misplaced standoff. To be sure, you could remove the motherboard, place it on a anti-stat bag, and try boot it outside of the case.

ok i took everything out and put it on an antistatic bag and it is working great any suggestions from here, new case, different screws, install it with the plastic underneath?

sounds like it's the way it's seated in the case, try reseating it in the case and it may power up...

it sounds like Atomic Rooster was right...

and btw, a cheap $10 graphics card will boot up just fine, it just won't be able to do the things you want it to do, the $100 "cheap" video card wasn't the problem, I got mine for $35 on Newegg and it works fine...

Check to make sure all the standoffs are lined up with the appropriate holes on the motherboard. If there are any extras, remove them. Check to see if any metal or loose wire was touching the mobo in any way inside the case. You will need only to snug down the motherboard attaching screws. Do not over tighten. After reinstalling the motherboard, double check all connections including video, drive cables, etc

Back
Top Bottom