Wired Vs Wireless networks

Don't waste you money on a networking setup. Instead, I totally think it would be best to fork out $400-600 on a Maltron keyboard which are the best designed keyboards out there. they help to minimize RSI - for me buying equipment which minimize RSI trumps a decent router or network card. :D

Atomic Rooster said:
Don't waste you money on a networking setup. Instead, I totally think it would be best to fork out $400-600 on a Maltron keyboard which are the best designed keyboards out there. they help to minimize RSI - for me buying equipment which minimize RSI trumps a decent router or network card. :D

lmao, must be contagious!

Matt

Atomic Rooster said:

Looks like a comedian has entering the Computer Forum!!!!!

HA

ha
ha
ha

ya, the only reason i would say wired is

A:More secure than wireless
B:Cheaper than Wireless
C: Easier than Wireless
D:No BS involved, ie. interference, dropping signals, bad reception, loss of speed as you get farther away.

wol-va-rine said:
lastly, make sure you get a switch and not a hub, wireless or not...

Wireless technology is a hub. Their is no such thing as a wireless switch.

Raveboy said:
Looks like a comedian has entering the Computer Forum!!!!!

HA

ha
ha
ha
Looks like this comedian has been around a bit longer than you. :p

But seriously, you can do both wired and wireless with the same router. Using the Linksys WRT54G wireless router as an example, it has four ethernet ports on the back that you can connect to the computers in the same room, then you can use the wireless connection for your computer or laptop located in another room. That's what I do. I have a Linksys WRT54GS that the two computers downstairs connect to via ethernet cable, while the computer upstairs uses a wireless connection. :D

DJ-CHRIS said:
Wireless technology is a hub. Their is no such thing as a wireless switch.

all my experience is with wired networks (all 2 days of it ;) ), I figured it would be the same...

thanks for clarifying, now I know...

just a question though, aren't all wireless connections switches and not hubs...? it seems like it would be hard to share the same wireless bandwidth...

or do I have them "switched" around...? :D ...

Raveboy said:
I was a bit apprenhisve about wireless because of the health and safty issues of radio waves spinning around my head.

we are exposed to radio waves at all times of the day but don't worry they aren't harmful :D

Yea, I would be more concerned about those power lines running over your back yard, or those darn TV remotes, or those pesky microwave ovens....

Ocelot said:
Yea, I would be more concerned about those power lines running over your back yard, or those darn TV remotes, or those pesky microwave ovens....
tv remotes use infrared

Back
Top Bottom