Council Tax SUCKS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raveboy

Baseband Member
My council tax this year (UK tax to pay for local services like rubbish collecting, fire, police and ambulance) takes the p*ss. It has increased by 3.4% BUTY their services ie cleaning the streets has diminshed by 10% !!!

I suggest we all hold back our payments until they actually start providing he service which they we are paying them to do.

My local neighbourhood is flooded with litter, weeds, fly tipping and unswept streets for years. Piles of muck are strewn about like my neighbood is actually the refuse site!!!!!

They have the chhek to raise the tax and at the same time cut back all the services!!!! I mean my local shops have just had their public conviences closed - were are we supposed to go for a number 1 and 2?

Also the council tax is based on the value of the household and not the oocupants living inside. So you can be a couple living in a house next to a family of 8 and pay the same tax as them.

The family of 8 have greater demands on the local services but yet still pay the same price!!!!!

I say lets bring back poll tax!! Tax the b*stards who are usin g the services!!!

Raveboy said:
My council tax this year (UK tax to pay for local services like rubbish collecting, fire, police and ambulance) takes the p*ss. It has increased by 3.4% BUTY their services ie cleaning the streets has diminshed by 10% !!!

I suggest we all hold back our payments until they actually start providing he service which they we are paying them to do.

My local neighbourhood is flooded with litter, weeds, fly tipping and unswept streets for years. Piles of muck are strewn about like my neighbood is actually the refuse site!!!!!

They have the chhek to raise the tax and at the same time cut back all the services!!!! I mean my local shops have just had their public conviences closed - were are we supposed to go for a number 1 and 2?

Also the council tax is based on the value of the household and not the oocupants living inside. So you can be a couple living in a house next to a family of 8 and pay the same tax as them.

The family of 8 have greater demands on the local services but yet still pay the same price!!!!!

I say lets bring back poll tax!! Tax the b*stards who are usin g the services!!!
where abouts in the uk you live , also they are talking about bugging our bins and charging us even more for rubbish collection , yet there are next to no recycling facilities so how are we supposed to get rid of our waste i know i aint paying for my rubbish to becollected i will take a hacksaw to my bin if i have to (thats if the chavs dont steal them and set fire to them first )

That's pretty bad especially considering you're not even getting what you're paying for.

I just noticed that British people say rubbish and Americans say trash. :eek:

PCNoob said:
That's pretty bad especially considering you're not even getting what you're paying for.

Its more than 'bad' it's a diabolical farce and is really giviong me no respect for those toe-rags.

I certainly will not be voting for any political party with that stance and attittude to earthly law and order.

move to spain or france ive never liked people complaing about tax so much. you vote for the people who make the tax i think thats fair enough. your country provides you with SO MUCH shouldnt you have to give them something in return. or would you rather live in a village in africa with no food or water and not have to pay taxes?

rudster816 said:
move to spain or france ive never liked people complaing about tax so much. you vote for the people who make the tax i think thats fair enough. your country provides you with SO MUCH shouldnt you have to give them something in return. or would you rather live in a village in africa with no food or water and not have to pay taxes?
no the council atax is made by our local council

rudster816 said:
you vote for the people who make the tax i think thats fair enough. your country provides you with SO MUCH shouldnt you have to give them something in return. or would you rather live in a village in africa with no food or water and not have to pay taxes?

I wish they would clean up my neighbourhood - after all thats what I am paying them to do - a pretty shoddy service at the moment - it's a pity I can't get a refund. You can't even withhold their payments for poor quality service.

They courts even sent a few pensioners to jail to do 'time' because they withheld payments for shoddy service. That's disgusting! The goverenment doesn't give a monkeys-fart about you or me. They just want money for nothing!

Anyhow, I didn't vote Labour in and never wanted them in power anyway. If you think about it the majority of people don't want labour anyway.

For example,
20% vote labour
15% vote conservative
10% vote lib dems
10% vote other parties
45% dont vote

Therefore only 20% of the whole country want labour.

80% don't want those dirty rotten toe-rags in power!

Im one of the 45% their all a bunch of lying tossers so i dont waste my time :) Doesnt matter who you vote, you will get screwed for something else.

Raveboy said:

Why don't you as a community get off your butts and go clean it up if it's such a problem? Laziness ftl?

Raffaz said:
Im one of the 45% their all a bunch of lying tossers so i dont waste my time :) Doesnt matter who you vote, you will get screwed for something else.
i am not old enough to vote , but even if i was i wouldnt vote , all of the parties have good sides and policies and bad sides and policies so you cant win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom