New compressed air fueled cars

what I mean is that I'd seriously thikn about buying one, I have a compressor at home, (for running air tools).
and I'm also wondering if you could just nip down the local garage and use the free airline, or would those things not actually be preassurised enough?

root said:
what I mean is that I'd seriously thikn about buying one, I have a compressor at home, (for running air tools).
and I'm also wondering if you could just nip down the local garage and use the free airline, or would those things not actually be preassurised enough?

that's not very likely. It says the tank is a fiber wrapped style meaning it can probably hold 3000-5000PSI. A typical air compressor can only provide a couple hundred PSI (maybe 1000 at most if you have a really good one). Aside from that, those tanks have a special fill adapter that you would need as well.

..... 68MPH max

no way.. i travel up the motorway and back every day, i wanna actually get to work...

Those tanks must hold alot of pressure. I want to know what happens in an accident. I mean, I have a compressed air tank for my paintball gun that hold 4,500 PSI. Not something you want to explode.

cabbspapp said:
Those tanks must hold alot of pressure. I want to know what happens in an accident. I mean, I have a compressed air tank for my paintball gun that hold 4,500 PSI. Not something you want to explode.

Typically paintball guns are compressed carbon dioxide arn't they?

Ð88 said:
that's not very likely. It says the tank is a fiber wrapped style meaning it can probably hold 3000-5000PSI. A typical air compressor can only provide a couple hundred PSI (maybe 1000 at most if you have a really good one). Aside from that, those tanks have a special fill adapter that you would need as well.

actually, air compressors can on average only supply 150 psi. that would be one crazy air compressor.

and yeah, in an accident as cabbspapp said, those things would blow like mad. it would be like those ford cards (50's they were made, I think) that had the really thin gas tanks...

mark thorpe said:
..... 68MPH max

no way.. i travel up the motorway and back every day, i wanna actually get to work...
Motorway; 70 mph max, car 68 mph max = minus 2 mph.

Ð88 said:
5K psi!! thats some preasure. I wonder if there is any safety issues with something like that

wood_workur said:
actually, air compressors can on average only supply 150 psi. that would be one crazy air compressor.

and yeah, in an accident as cabbspapp said, those things would blow like mad. it would be like those ford cards (50's they were made, I think) that had the really thin gas tanks...

I think theirs a legal limit for 150 or something.

Back
Top Bottom