Named & Shamed

alvino said:
Agreed.

Do I think the pilots deserve to be punished? Yes, I do.

Do they deserve crap from the media and public for trying to do their jobs, jobs that others don't understand? No fcuking way.

Punished yes, but punished in such a way that is via the military. Not what popular opinion is or what the media says. So we agree. Punishment could be anything from a demotion to a retraining exercise, who knows...

My best friend is going to Iraq, my cousin is going to Iraq, my other cousin in South Carolina in the Marines has been to Iraq several times. The shit that they've heard and relayed onto the family is quite astonishing. No one will ever understand unless they're in uniform and over there. The media needs to back the f*** off and give our soldiers some damn peace. Lord knows they get enough shit as it is from the general public and media. Last thing I want is some old man in Britain moaning about some losses that just happened to have occurred. Propagating this further and make it bigger then it ever had to be.

If it's name and shame you want, then look no further. Names Brookfield and he's forever shamed in my eyes. :mad:

JenoX said:
If it's name and shame you want, then look no further, name's Brookfield and he's forever shamed in my eyes. :mad:

[1] Wrong thread to be bringing this up.

[2] You seem to have two views on things, you say something sensible & very helpful, & I reply to you saying that's good or whatever, then you spoil it by saying this, I guess it's about UK, if it is, & about his demotion, he deserved it, he got very personal & very nasty, & that's going too far in my book! :mad:

i dont know why ANYONE is complaining really deaths on both sides UK and USA are EXREMELY light compared to the time we have been there. were aproaching 4 years and theres no more than 4000 on both sides thats only 1000 a year. if you think thats a lot for a war then your wrong. in desert storm only about 256 ground troops died in 3 days of fighting(only the ground war). even the press agreed the losses were low. if the war had gone on for 4 years like the current one then
256\3= 88 per day
88*365= 32120 per year
32150*4= 128480 total

thats proof that currently the price of war is at an all time low. we should be grateful that it is not moaning that there IS some. ya if we WERNT at war there would be none but we ARE at war.

rudster816 said:
i dont know why ANYONE is complaining really deaths on both sides UK and USA are EXREMELY light compared to the time we have been there. were aproaching 4 years and theres no more than 4000 on both sides thats only 1000 a year. if you think thats a lot for a war then your wrong. in desert storm only about 256 ground troops died in 3 days of fighting(only the ground war). even the press agreed the losses were low. if the war had gone on for 4 years like the current one then
256\3= 88 per day
88*365= 32120 per year
32150*4= 128480 total

thats proof that currently the price of war is at an all time low. we should be grateful that it is not moaning that there IS some. ya if we WERNT at war there would be none but we ARE at war.
The Gulf War didn't go on for four years, thank god, so speculations are impossible, to calculate, as to the war in Iraq, you are about right about the military killed, but when you add the wounded, 32,000 plus, & some who died later, then there's the Iraqi security forces deaths, it's a very different picture, look here, you'll be surprised, I know I was, six pages, read it all, I expect other members will, if the link fails I've printed off about half, so I can quote from it, or go to google & put "military deaths in Iraq" as I did

www.icasuaties.org/oif/

Brookfield said:
I said so, didn't I :) , so I printed it out & had to manually copy the salient points onto my post, understand?

Lol have you not heard of copy and paste?

Firstly, the reason that they should be named and shamed is because in a court tribunal the corinor has found them guilty of a crime, it has been determined that although this was an accident it was a horribly avoidable accident,

and in fact had the two piolets followed their direct orders which were not to move on until instructed then it wouldn't have happened.

there is a differnce between being green. disobeying orders and being trigger happy.
they directly disobeyed orders and caused allied death, - that's a crime.

A court of law has decided that they are criminals and that they should be named.

if it was american people killing american people then yes, usually it does make the news in this country.

I'll assume that this didn't make the news in America then? or is it just that there are so many 'blue on blue' situations that they are not worth making the news any more.

welll well well... what a turn up for the books.
Jenox and his so what is some guy dies in war attitude.

I'm sure that I don't need to remind you about you telling us that your cousin has gone to war.

how will you feel if someone drops a bomb on his head and shrugs it off as a mistake?

how will you feel when other people say "give a shit, stuff like that happens in wars"

Brookfield said:
The Gulf War didn't go on for four years, thank god, so speculations are impossible, to calculate, as to the war in Iraq, you are about right about the military killed, but when you add the wounded, 32,000 plus, & some who died later, then there's the Iraqi security forces deaths, it's a very different picture, look here, you'll be surprised, I know I was, six pages, read it all, I expect other members will, if the link fails I've printed off about half, so I can quote from it, or go to google & put "military deaths in Iraq" as I did

www.icasuaties.org/oif/
obviously theres 10's of thousands of wounded. but at least half are more small flesh wounds. a causality is someone is simply removed from the battlefield, even the smallest of wounds can be listed as a causality thats where a vast majority come from. and always remember you can lick a wound or two.

rudster816 said:
obviously theres 10's of thousands of wounded. but at least half are more small flesh wounds. a causality is someone is simply removed from the battlefield, even the smallest of wounds can be listed as a causality thats where a vast majority come from. and always remember you can lick a wound or two.
That site I went to had these US statistics for those wounded in the Iraq war, including non-hostile, & medical evacuations;

Army 15,129

Navy 522

Marines 7,502

Air Force 264

Total; 23,417, grand total 32,544 [this includes those medical air transported] this give a total of 22.26 wounded in a day, say one every hour, every day, round the clock.

Brookfield said:
[1] Wrong thread to be bringing this up.

[2] You seem to have two views on things, you say something sensible & very helpful, & I reply to you saying that's good or whatever, then you spoil it by saying this, I guess it's about UK, if it is, & about his demotion, he deserved it, he got very personal & very nasty, & that's going too far in my book! :mad:

you cant moan about jenox being rude to you, and in the same sentence slag off another member. that is just being hypocritical.

jenox.. in this case, no problems.. just egnore maurice...

there have been some great points bought up here, there must be a huge amount of stress on those guys.. i was wrong with my first post here, ive changed my mind, i still wouldnt phrase it in that way, but there have been some good points made..

Back
Top Bottom