HDD Help On Vista

ElementalCrisis

Baseband Member
Hello everyone,

I recently did a clean install on my computer to Vista Ultimate, everything has been working fine for me 2 problems getting one of my HDD's to show up and my SD Cruzer Micro USB Drive. My problem with my SD Cruzer Micro USB Drive doesint bother me that much but my HDD problem does.

The HDD is a "WDC WD1600JB-00FUA0 ATA Device" which Vista tries to install drivers for and fails and the ones on the CD dont work for Vista. Whats strange is my primary HDD which is a "WDC WD1200JB-00DUA3 ATA Device" works perfectly as well as another WD HDD thats older then my 120 GB one.

Does anyone know any workaround or any method at all I could do to get this HDD to work on Vista? I've checked Western Digitals site and there currently is no Vista Driver out yet, I'm tempted to try and install the XP one but I dont know what kind of problems I could run into.

Thanks to anyone that replies!

EDIT:

Forgot to mention both the HDD and USB Drive show up under Device Manager. The HDD shows up under "Other Devices" with the display picture being a HDD with a yellow hat looking object on it and the USB Drive shows up under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" with a yellow triangle on top of a USB plug.

Back
Top Bottom