e6300, 3.7GHz for $300

Stock voltage is 1.5 I think, I'm running 1.7 as of right now, stable testing at 429 FSB.

well you're using 975x, which is cooler than the 680i. So that is no surprise to me.

Yeah. I can't get it to survive Prime95 for more than 30 minutes, so I dropped it back down to my old settings. I don't feel like dealing with stability issues right now.

ownage said:
how much voltage did you put through the chipset? And what is stock for 680i?

i know i siad i was bowing out, but you deserve an answer to your question. not sure what stock is, i know i raised it from something to 1.5. it was atleast a two-tenths raise i belive.

[edit] now that i think of it, two-tenths probally wouldn't cause that much of an increase... or would it??

mmm, it shouldn't. The chipset doesn't act like a processor in which .2V will raise voltages through the roof. And plus, the cooling solutions on high end motherboards will give you some overhead for voltage increases.

very true. now, i'll do waht i said before and shut up. you do know more about OC'ing than me, and im not going to pretend to know more than what little i do from OCing my current board.

hey dude, its alright. Your questions might be somebody else's question. Maybe the other person is too shy to ask, at least you do. Continue to ask questions and I'll try to answer them to the best of my abilities. Its all a learning experience. I'm not trying to make you look bad at all. I like people that asks questions. It gives me a sense that you want to learn more and you're willing to learn it.

Back
Top Bottom