Car Thread!

I'm glad I did it yesterday, because it was raining pretty hard to day. Once it dries up, I'll post some pics.

I also plan on getting a different set of pedals. I want to learn how to heel-toe, but the gas pedal is set really far back so I can't blip the throttle.

If you do debadge it, get some goo gone and use a credit card. Sunny weather would be best, then it comes off easy. Or you could use a hair dryer.

If you think his Scion looks bubbly, wait till you get a good look at my car!!!! Mine is a hell of a lot more curvy than the tC. All new cars are like that and it's getting to be a trend. I personally think it looks good and it also has better coefficient drag (aerodynamic).

It's too damn bad that the dealer drilled holes on my car's front bumper for those license plate holders. In LA county, front plates are reinforced but not in San Bernardino county.

I've been wiping down my rims so those are getting cleaned. Those brake dust, whew, I get a bunch of them on the front. More front than back. Wierd huh? I have 4-wheel disc brakes and don't know why the fronts are more dustier than the rear (which hardly shows any brake dust). I'm thinking different padding on rear than front pads? If I don't wipe them clean at least once a week, the front rims will get black easily. I just use regular water and wipe down with an old rag (which I end up throwing away because they get sooo dirty after the wipe down).

The front brakes do a vast majority of the braking so that's probably why they're so much dirtier.

TRDCorolla said:
If you think his Scion looks bubbly, wait till you get a good look at my car!!!! Mine is a hell of a lot more curvy than the tC. All new cars are like that and it's getting to be a trend. I personally think it looks good and it also has better coefficient drag (aerodynamic).

It's too damn bad that the dealer drilled holes on my car's front bumper for those license plate holders. In LA county, front plates are reinforced but not in San Bernardino county.

I've been wiping down my rims so those are getting cleaned. Those brake dust, whew, I get a bunch of them on the front. More front than back. Wierd huh? I have 4-wheel disc brakes and don't know why the fronts are more dustier than the rear (which hardly shows any brake dust). I'm thinking different padding on rear than front pads? If I don't wipe them clean at least once a week, the front rims will get black easily. I just use regular water and wipe down with an old rag (which I end up throwing away because they get sooo dirty after the wipe down).

you should clean your car up real nice and drive it to a cool location and take some more pics to show us.

Toyota probably set the brake balance more towards the front, since the weight goes more towards the front wheels when braking, like D-Lew said.

The sun actually came out for a while today.

DEBADGE1.png

DEBADGE2.png

DEBADGE4.png

DEBADGE3.png

DEBADGE5.png

Its because the discs on the front are bigger = more dust, my front rims always get dirtier than my back ones, I have 4 disc brakes to :D

Back
Top Bottom