By-passing Dell Laptop Password

Vandiyan

In Runtime
I am looking at buying a laptop from someone and the laptop is locked with a password. The person does not know the password so I was wondering if there was a way to get around it? Thanks.

start the computer, and go into safe mode by tapping f8 continuosly until u get a menu, then click safe mode. log in as the ADMINISTRATOR and then u can remove all the passwords in the control panel thing for accounts

I don't think it can in safe mode, its a whole different account that it opens most of the time. Didn't think of the safe mode thing at first, nice one borat.

Just curious as to what point windows passwords have then?
If anyone can just boot to safe mode and log in as administrator.

I have been told now buy a number of people to be leary about buying used computers. If I was to just format and install an XP copy that I bought, how would I go about doing that?

Vandiyan said:
I have been told now buy a number of people to be leary about buying used computers. If I was to just format and install an XP copy that I bought, how would I go about doing that?

just put the xp disc in and do a clean install(follow the instructions on the xp disc)

Back
Top Bottom