Start up problem

edbs357

Baseband Member
I finished building my new pc about 5 weeks ago and its been working great until about two hours ago. Earlier it was working fine and now when i try to turn it on it stops with a message that says: Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk and Press Enter. I cheched the hard drive and it is working because it is making noises so its not a power problem i think. can you guys help? thanks

Funny story about disks in drives.
I had a co-worker whos laptop would not boot docked, but booted fine undocked.
It was driving me nuts.
Then just on pure luck I looked behind the docking station, and low and behold there was a floppy drive plugged into the back with a disk in the drive.
Hehe :)

Sorry for any thread hijacking, but its kinda related :)

There are no cds in any of the drives and i dont have a floppy drive. I went to the cmos bios and i couldnt see any of my SATA port there. There should be six and they are not there. Any ideas what is happening here? thanks for all your help

yeah and there are supposed to be six of them with one set up as my hard drive but there are none. Any idea why?

it seems you sata controller might have gone bad. are the sata cables properly seated? if they are, then I would rma the motherboard.

wow that sucks, surely there are no other things that might have gone wrong? better call those evga guys...

I need your opinion:

i called evga support and they helped me turn the sata controller back on. somehow it got turned off. after i did this i started up windows and it was running so slow but it was working, just really slow. I turned it on and off a few times and it would act really slow. I went into the bios and reloaded default settings and loaded windows again and it worked perfectly. i noticed that some of the settings got changed. my question is why did the settings change in the first time to where the computer wouldn't work? I never touched the bios except to install my hard drives and cd drives. the settings got changed by itself. IS this normal?
Should i RMA the motherboard or not? Like i said its working fine now but i just would like some opinions on this.

thank you all for your help.

Back
Top Bottom