ok wtf is up with technical support for companies these days?

Crucial has really good support. I've been e-mailing them for the speed on my motherboard with my ram, and the guy who is helping me actually went to asus's website to look up my board and figure out the specs! And I told him how my bios displays the memory at the right speed but cpu-z doesn't and he actually knew what the program was and what tabs to look under so I could give him some info! And its not automated responses, you can tell its not because its not like an essay that they send you lol its likea couple sentences that they actually type out. They have the bets tech support I've ever dealt with!

borat_sagdiyev said:
HP is actually pretty good at support....well a year ago they were :(

when i called, i got a nice canadian woman who helped me with everything. and when i called back, i got the same person :)
Well they were a disgrace when i had to contact them about an installation problem on an old machine that didnt meet minimum specs. I had to sort it myself in the end. I mean what company cant give you a solution to installing their own product lol (fair enough a customer bought it without reading the minimum specs) but it still wasnt that hard to do.:)

its cos it has all been resourced to India cos the average pay is $1 a day out there

Tommy Boy said:
Yeah that sucks, why can't they just type?
Cos it's much cheaper, one guy, instead of up to a hundred, Indian, because having a site in India or Pakistan is much cheaper too, in England our directory enquiries used to be based in India, 40p a call, [roughly 50 cents] used to be free a few years ago, it's now based back in Britain again, because they, with their broken English, couldn't understand us, nor we them!!

Ya I think its gonna be a while but once companies start losing business due to language issues they will wake up and bring back to places where th epeople can speak english fluently! For instance Mc Donalds the people atleast in my town can barely speak english and 99% of the time they get your order completely wrong because of it, same things goes for tech support that is outsourced...

Its already happening in the UK, there was a news report a few weeks ago about companies coming back to the UK, because of pressure from the public. Did you see that Maurice?

On the BBC tonight, there was a programme investigating bus companies that employ drivers that don't speak English they found at least three, two of these not one driver driver could speak a word, the other one, out of 20 drivers, two spoke a very broken form of English, how crazy is that???

Raffaz said:
Its already happening in the UK, there was a news report a few weeks ago about companies coming back to the UK, because of pressure from the public. Did you see that Maurice?
Yes, I did Mick, but will the companies keep it up, they are making millions more using foreign labour, Marks & Spark clothes always used to be made in England, now they are made anywhere, I always buy my socks there, made in Spain now, trousers are made in about three countries, in the food department, watercress that I love, from Egypt!! Egypt??. what the.....! :confused:

The thing is if they bring all of their business back to their country people always say then the prices will go up. Well...the prices may go up but it will create more job oppurtunities, and salary's would increase so the raise in price and salary I think would balance, but with the positive side affect of getting better products and service.

Brookfield said:
Yes, I did Mick, but will the companies keep it up, they are making millions more using foreign labour, Marks & Spark clothes always used to be made in England, now they are made anywhere, I always buy my socks there, made in Spain now, trousers are made in about three countries, in the food department, watercress that I love, from Egypt!! Egypt??. what the.....! :confused:
I think they will have to keep it up for call centres etc, because of public pressure and loosing customers. Also it was saying something about false economy on the news but i cant remember the rest.

Back
Top Bottom