Named & Shamed

Fratricide is right, the reaction to the incident, was very different to jenox's;

www.independent.co.uk/world/americas/article2258583.ece

Sorry, the link didn't work, but I printed it off, it said that the findings of the investigation were flawed, the pilot of the A10 that strafed the convoy was revealed as Lieutenant Colonol Gus "Skeeter" Kuhntopp, he & his wingman, a Major, were members of the Idaho National Guard on their first combat mission, Gus Kuhntopp has since been promoted to full Colone!, seems that killing your allies is a good fast track to promotion!!

It was not done on purpose. It was an accident pure and simple. This sort of thing happens in war zones. In the heat of the moment in combat inexperianced combatants will make mistakes. Hopefully this sort of thing won't happen too often. But it will.

setishock said:
It was not done on purpose. It was an accident pure and simple. This sort of thing happens in war zones. In the heat of the moment in combat inexperianced combatants will make mistakes. Hopefully this sort of thing won't happen too often. But it will.

That's what I'm trying to say. It's combat, people mess up, it doesn't mean we should "name and shame" them for them trying to do their job. I hate America media. We say, "yeah! go get'em" then when something goes wrong, "Put'em in jail! Scar them for life" it's like wtf they're doing the best they can and we do this. I mean, seriously wtf...

yeah i agree it is only part of ware , but i can be avoided if people are carefull , but in a war zone people make split second decisions i understand that , what i don't understand is the american governments eagerness to cover it up ,or try to change the subject metaphorically

muz379 said:
yeah i agree it is only part of war , but i can be avoided if people are carefull , but in a war zone people make split second decisions i understand that , what i don't understand is the american governments eagerness to cover it up ,or try to change the subject metaphorically
What alarms me, is the fact it was their first mission on active service, smacks of inadequate training that does, not the guy's fault, the report says that a very similar incident took place in 1992 in another war zone, so was that sloppy traing methods too?

Back
Top Bottom