What Sound Card To Get ???

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
Hello,
I have been breaking my head about this for the past 7days; I can't decide what sound card to get. I am a GAMER, so primary I will be using the card for games, but I also do watch movies on my comp / play music. I can get both cards for ruffle the same price of $200. I been trying to do research, but still very unclear….

I know that “Sound blaster” been on the market for much longer then the razer company + they specialize in sound. But razer specializes in GAMING.

I am also thinking of getting the Razer headphones The HP-1, (see other topic “What Headphones To Get ???”) I think they will go very nice with there sound card, (that's if I get it).

Razer Barracuda AC-1 Gaming Sound Card

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/cuda_sound/

p1010010_thumb.jpg

p1010012_thumb.jpg

VS

X-FI Elite Pro

http://www.nvnews.net/reviews/creative_sb_xfi/index.shtml

01425i11786300.jpg

Like X-Fi haz more stuff like remote + the Box, thats what i really like aboput it, and razor specifically was made for games so ya its tuff...

I mean X-FI Elite looks very nice, + it has its separate unit that I can easily place anywhere…etc, But I read lots of reviews and people say that they would trade there X-Fi cars for new razer card any day….so confused…

Please advice.

Thanks.

Why would you spend money on a sound card when about every mother board has a bulit in sound card that works perfectly fine? Waste of money!!!!!

Well thats not exactly true, yes u right almost evry mother board does have a sound card, but usianlly its not as good as if you would to get a separated one. + the the onces that are on board they dont have lots of capabilityes that the other card offer...so ya, i need to make my decison which one to get...

anyone?

Well from what I hear the Creative have pretty crap drivers and make it unstable....I have never dealt with Razor so i'm not sure what they are like....The Creative is a good card, but as I said, apparently the X-Fi drivers are pretty bad

Matt

Its seems that not 2 many people know about this....it woudl be nce if i can get 1-2 more opinions, ty

I have an X-fi and all i can say is, when it works it sounds awesome, U can enabled 24bit playback from Winamp and it blows old soundcards out of the water. However the drivers r crap, seriously bad! problems with digital when windows starts (have to disable then re enable digital output). Crackling sometimes, also awwful and i mean terrible sound problems sometimes, itll screetch at u lol, high pitched so much so in fact i think it might damage my speakers if it continues to do it. This is all software rather than hardware failure. I asked them when they were going to produce a decent set of drivers and they feigned ignorance saying nothing is wrong with out drivers...

Someone has even written a little C++ program to enable Digital output properly when Win starts, god knows why Creative couldnt have done this.

And Alvino, the razer card he has alink to also supports EAX, albeit only 1 and 2.

that razer one looks cool. i'm going to look into that myself. any ideas on a price?

i also heard rumors of EAX not working in Vista. not sure if they are true, but if they come out to be true, getting a Sound-blaster would almost be pointless seeing as how thats they biggest claim to fame.

[edit] found the razer on newegg. not a bad price. seems people are having problems with it in vista tho. take a look at their reviews here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829153001

i've seen it both ways. googling it today and on the first page it gave me sites saying both things. not sure which one to belive....

Back
Top Bottom