Named & Shamed

Brookfield

Golden Master
The pilots & crews of the A10's who killed a British soldier have been "named & shamed", as the media put it, at first there was a news blackout, preventing them being named, but that was overturned, probably helped by comments from the dead soldier's widow, & a petition signed by thousands.

borat_sagdiyev said:
what exactly is this about?
It was all over all the TV channels in England, at the time, It happened in 2003, when the USAF aircraft, two A10's, the pilots of which had no combat experience, mistook a British Army tank convoy, north of Basra, wrongly identifying it as Israeli, several others were injured including an officer, the convoy's commander

^tell that to the families of the people who got killed

ive read about this in the papers, its ludacrous how the US acted over this, refusing to release the info.. glad the mod got them to do it in the end.. hopefully the families will be able to start putting it behind them now..

Jenox said:
It's part of war...move on.
yeah but if it was an american tank and uk plane , the americans would carry on about it and not want to move on

Shit happens. It's a tragedy that had to happen, but its war. People die.

You all took what I said rather to blunt, which is my own fault...

What I'm saying is it's a part of war. it happens. It happens to every nation ever involved in a war. It's called Fratricide. It happens to every nation. Yes, the ordeal did happen, do i think it should be a criminal act? Hell no. The people in the aircraft thought they identified a hostile tank, and did their job accordingly. Do I think people shoudl go to jail because they tried doing their job? No way.

Thats liek me saying, oh, you accidentally faxed this paper to our company out in India, you're going to jail for making an accident. Then we're goign to post it all over thw web so we can "name and shame" you.

People, it's war, horrible things happen. When i say move on, I'm saying you need to accept the fact that bad shit happens to good people. I might be blunt, but it's the damn truth. Bad things happen in war, so expect it.

EDIT:

alvino said:
Shit happens. It's a tragedy that had to happen, but its war. People die.

Exactly what I'm saying...

Back
Top Bottom