e6300, 3.7GHz for $300

ownage said:
Something that requires loads of heatpipes to cool. Something along the lines of 60*C idle.

My old P4 at 3.8GHz was 57* idle...80* stable. Max temp threshold was 90* C. Fortunetly I under clocked and got an AMD. Cool ' N Quiet ftw eh?

my chipset idles at 31, and goes maybe to 33 after a long period of gaming. even by your deffininition, thats not hott.

for some reason my chipset is insane it used to never go above like 33*C now its at 45-46*C I think its because of my ram...

celegorm said:
my chipset idles at 31, and goes maybe to 33 after a long period of gaming. even by your deffininition, thats not hott.

No chipset running at stock speeds will be hot. Start clocking and pumping volts and you will see a big difference.

you've basically proved my point. i have clocked and started pumping voltages. but seeing as how i can see this getting ugly, i'm just going to bow out of this thread now.

My chipset is running at about 55* under load, I think I might have gotton 3 Ghz stable finally. I found out that my Vcore setting in the bios about .3 higher than what it really is, which I didn't know. Basically if I want to run 4 volts, I have to set it to 4.3 in the bios.

Back
Top Bottom