Pc Turns Off After 5 seconds

ssc456

Fully Optimized
hi i just built my new pc and when i turn it on within about 3-7 seconds it turns itself back off it is not the cpu overheating coz it is practically cold

i have now returned the pc just for convinience but n e ideaas what it cud have been ?

May have been a power supply issue. The PSU may have not been putting out correct voltages and that causes a few errors. I had a problem liek that really annoying!

Could also be shorting somewhere on the motherboard, possibly where you have mounted it to the case.

yes, a short would be the first thing i'd check. Take all the components out of the case then fire her up and see if it fully boots. if it does, then it was a short. If not, try a different PSU and RAM.

celegorm said:
yes, a short would be the first thing i'd check. Take all the components out of the case then fire her up and see if it fully boots. if it does, then it was a short. If not, try a different PSU and RAM.

actually, we will never know, he returned it already...

thanks for the replies guys its just for future reference ncase it happens again

A short would not take 7 seconds to shut down the psu. That would occur within a second of firing it up. Or not come on at all. Sounds more like a componet is bad or a device was not compatable.

hi b 4 i sent it back i unbuilt it and changed the psu to my old 350W and rebuilt it and it worked fine but i still sent it back as i started to throw things when i discovered they gave me a dodgy case but i will b re ordering.. so is it possible there was some dodgy connecting in the psu ?? it was 450W is that too powerful ???

Back
Top Bottom