Pc Ram 533mhz DDR2 and 400mhz DDR

jdn1

Beta member
Hi - My mother board is a Gigabyte GA-8VT880P Combo (Rev 1.x)

Ram - Duo DDR Design
Top innovation of showing GIGABYTE advanced technology leadership with combination of DDR & DDR2 memory support on single motherboard. Providing a more flexible memory connectivity to meet different user's needs.

2 x DDR 2 533mhz

2 x DDR 400mhz

My problem / question is :

I currently have to 512mb in the DDR2 slots (533mhz =1 gig)

I have a 256 meg stick of DDR 400 mhz, when i insert this and boot up it loads windows and everything is fine, only windows is not seeing the extra ram.

Do i have to have another chunk in the last 400mhz dimm slot for this to be recognized ?

Im confused i thought i could just plug ram in and away she went ?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers

Make sure it is pushed all the way in and the clips on the side make a click sound when inserting it.

Im not that noob with computers, It is deffinetley in correctly :s

If there was some sort of error, wouldnt it beep @ me before startup ?

jdn1 said:
Hi - My mother board is a Gigabyte GA-8VT880P Combo (Rev 1.x)

Ram - Duo DDR Design
Top innovation of showing GIGABYTE advanced technology leadership with combination of DDR & DDR2 memory support on single motherboard. Providing a more flexible memory connectivity to meet different user's needs.

2 x DDR 2 533mhz

2 x DDR 400mhz

My problem / question is :

I currently have to 512mb in the DDR2 slots (533mhz =1 gig)

I have a 256 meg stick of DDR 400 mhz, when i insert this and boot up it loads windows and everything is fine, only windows is not seeing the extra ram.

Do i have to have another chunk in the last 400mhz dimm slot for this to be recognized ?

Im confused i thought i could just plug ram in and away she went ?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers

You can only use one type of ram at a time.

Oh i see....

I currently have 2 x 512mb 533 mhz. = 1 gig

Can i buy 2 x 1 gig 533mhz sticks to put into this board or is it restricted to 1 gigg ?

Back
Top Bottom