Bios post codes and streaming SP2 in XP?

Okay this is a bit weird. My computer was fine before I went on vacation last week. I got back and went to start my computer up. It will stay black for about 10 seconds then has 1 long beep followed by 3 short beeps. I googled post codes found one website that suggested it was my video ram may be bad. However I couldn't confirm this was for a AsusP5n32 SLI Premium board. Anybody got a good code reference for Asus boards? Also the weird thing is when I turn the power back off and reset it, it will post the 2nd time just not on the first boot up.

Second part about streaming SP2 into a windows CD or DVD. Can somebody hook me up with a link on a how to do it. I saw it a while back but can't seem to find it. Correct me if i'm wrong but with the streaming of the Service Pack when windows goes to format it will reconize over 137gb's right? Just want to be able to install my whole drive rather than making a partition or buying nortons partition wizard. Thanks guys.

It should tell you in your installation manual about the codes. If not then find out who makes your BIOS and then check their site for the code. Im not sure what could be causing the other problem, but i would take a guess and say its the same thing causing the comp to beep, so if you get the code you will be on your way to sorting it.

Slipstreaming guide
http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1626

AutoStreamer is just about the easiest program to use to create a slipstreamed XP/SP2 install CD.

Yea, that beep code does sound like some bad video ram. You should try reseating the video card. The contacts may be a bit tarnished and that will refresh the contact. Other than that, you should contact the video card manufacturer about getting an RMA.

Thanks you guys much for the help. I downloaded that autostreamer much simpler than Raffaz's link. Thanks for the link though Raffaz autostreamer just seemed much easier to use.

Ya I don't know what the deal would be with my videocard. I just had it out a few weeks ago when I installed my new fan. I just started doing this is was fine till the other night.

Bit off topic here, but you might be interested in this aswell. Its for the patches Autopatcher is your friend.

It will install all the patches since the last SP and you can select which ones to install (if, for example, you don't want IE7).

Back
Top Bottom