Building a PC from the ground up... Gots me some questions!

Alrfight. I think I might take your advice. One thing, the case you suggested seems to have issues with the drive case. Is there another one I could use that I could possibly use with the cool setup you've posted there? And you're absolutely sure this is without money factored in at all?

IbexDeath said:
I'm VERY computer stupid, for the most part, I know nothing other than basics.
As I was, when I joined CF two years ago, a computer "virgin", if you like, I didn't get one until 2000, when I was 69, it's definitely nothing to be ashamed of, the guys, here have been very helpful, they've dug me out of several holes in the two years, always ask, they will help if they can, & generally they can!, I've always been interested in technology so that helped too.

Brookfield said:
As I was, when I joined CF two years ago, a computer "virgin", if you like, I didn't get one until 2000, when I was 69, it's definitely nothing to be ashamed of, the guys, here have been very helpful, they've dug me out of several holes in the two years, always ask, they will help if they can, & generally they can!, I've always been interested in technology so that helped too.
computers are very helpfull , you can access information from any country in the world at the touch of a button , there are downsides though like hacking and identity thft but if you are carefull you will be ok

Charchris said:
not sure what you mean by the case thing. as for the money factor, I moderately considered it.
Read the reviews for that product. Do you own one of those?

the guy who said 3 gigs made his pc run a little slower
if u dont have a 64bit os over 2 gigs can slow it down a bit ive seen

esa193 said:
the guy who said 3 gigs made his pc run a little slower
if u dont have a 64bit os over 2 gigs can slow it down a bit ive seen
yeah , it was me ,
it is cos 32bit can only address 2gb at a time , although the bottlenck wouldnt be that much , it is like the bottlencek you get when using 2 dual cores as a pose to using 1 quad core , it would realy be minimal and on the whole unnoticable

IbexDeath said:
Well I don't know HOW to pick one that would be co mpatible with the other stuff you chose.

Ok it seems we need an ATX case with a length over 9" or 22.8CM
I think it should fit in most cases that support teh ATX standard.
Look out for that.

Back
Top Bottom