New, used car

I think before you even consider buying that Civic SI EP3 you definitely need to talk to the owner and get an explanation of why it was rebuilt. It might not be at all serious but it could also make you not even want to touch the car. I definitely like the looks of the car and the low mileage is a plus, just the rebuilt thing would worry me until I knew what it was about. Maybe even depending on what was wrong with it you can possibly negotiate a reduction in the price.

Of the cars you posted I personally like the 2001 Civic LX coupe. Full loaded...very nice! It's only $7500 which has me wondering if the mileage is high. They didn't list the mileage so that may very well be the case. But maybe give them a call and ask just to see.

The 2000 Civic with the black hood is pretty nice too but getting a bit up there in mileage (but still not bad). It is the cheapest of them all and to be honest with you, the mileage that's already on it wouldn't bother me. The engines in civics are so reliable and I have seen them with a way higher mileage and still be running great. Even if you ran into problems (which I imagine would not happen until years after owning it) to find a new engine for it would be easy. Those engines are a dime a dozen.

If I was in your situation looking to buy a car those are the first ones I would look at first. Don't spend too much.

You guys are forgetting one thing....the engine light is showing. That means there is something wrong in the engine and you could end up spending hundreds of dollars trying to figure out what is wrong. It could be the kind of problem that is recurring and you may never figure it out. He doesn't say how it runs, it may not run good, hence the light is on.

Personally, I would never buy a car that has been in an accident and doesn't have a clear title. No matter what the title history says, you never know what that car has been through.

It may just look good (even though it's been keyed) but whats on the inside is what really matters. You could be setting yourself up for big problems down the road.

Well here is my advice, I am a dsm man. You can get a second gen gsx for under or around 6 grand. These are wonderful cars! They come from the factory with awd and an inline turbo 4 cylinder, it makes 210bhp @ 12psi and for literaly about 1-200 dollars more these cars seen 300 horsepower, running 13's all day at the track and running a mid 14 in stock form. You can get them in manual or automatic, awesome cars in my opinion., great gas mileage and able to smoke alot of cars on the road. Its wonderful when that mustang gt that some guy just payed 20 grand plus for looks over at your little 4 cylinder then laughs, you can watch his grin quickly turn to a frown as he sees the back of your lights.
newrims.jpg

Tommy Boy said:
You guys are forgetting one thing....the engine light is showing. That means there is something wrong in the engine and you could end up spending hundreds of dollars trying to figure out what is wrong. It could be the kind of problem that is recurring and you may never figure it out. He doesn't say how it runs, it may not run good, hence the light is on.

No no no.

You people need to get the facts straight here before you post. You guys are going to confuse the hell out of ArrizX.

Just because the engine light is on doesn't mean there is something wrong with the engine. The light is simply a sensor, it could be a multitude of things. They are inconsistent. I have seen engine lights come on after long road trips and the engine is running hot, doesn't mean there is something wrong with the engine, its simply running hot because it has been driven a long time. Or they happen to just come on because of something else. They are unreliable.

Especially on Honda's, did you know that on newer Honda's the engine light automatically comes on when the 30,000 mile service is due? No you didn't. It also automatically comes on at other service levels like the 75K service too, once again, doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the engine, its the way Honda sets up there cars. The engine light being on is inconsistent at best. Plus there are settings options you can use to turn it off on the 30K and 75K service levels, helps for a reminder though.

pooker-great info there and thanks for sharing, but I think he is looking for something a little more practical, and less on the speed/racing factor....Dad thats frontin' the money here, will never bite on something like that, trust me on that one. :p

pooker said:
Well here is my advice, I am a dsm man. You can get a second gen gsx for under or around 6 grand. These are wonderful cars! They come from the factory with awd and an inline turbo 4 cylinder, it makes 210bhp @ 12psi and for literaly about 1-200 dollars more these cars seen 300 horsepower, running 13's all day at the track and running a mid 14 in stock form. You can get them in manual or automatic, awesome cars in my opinion., great gas mileage and able to smoke alot of cars on the road. Its wonderful when that mustang gt that some guy just payed 20 grand plus for looks over at your little 4 cylinder then laughs, you can watch his grin quickly turn to a frown as he sees the back of your lights.
newrims.jpg

DSM's are awesome, LambofGod has one that runs low 13's.

Unless your dead set on a Honda, I'm gonna say go with a DSM. There's just something about them that makes me love them, even though I don't even own one. A lowered 2g GSX=secks. The deep tone they make sounds awesome too.

Back
Top Bottom