I new i shouldnt have.....

o oops then because i have 2 different rams in mine, one is a corsair and the other is a pqi. would that cause any problems?

It should be fine if they are the same spec, did you change the ram round when you put them back (put no1 in the secound slot and viser versa as this would cause you problems i did it once myself)., you tend to find that you get a buzzing if you havent inserted ram correctly

setishock said:
Well at least the same specs if you can but brand name has nothing to do with it.

sometimes it does have to do with brand names for RAM. As each brand uses a different SPD to program their modules with.

you did not touch or scratch the chip on the ram did you because if you gave it static or damaged the chip then its new ram, you could try booting with 1 stick in to see if you can get it to start up with just 1

I got the 2nd stick real cheap from a friend, thats why i'm using it instead of one of the same brand. I got lucky.
In any other case I'd just stick to having the same brand and spec, or preferably getting them in a dual channel kit.

reodan92 said:
The only thing i did was take out the ddr ram to see what kind it was since i just bought it off someone.

next time you want to see what type of ram you have, just download pcwizard instead of taking the ram out...

this is what it'll look like, and it'll tell you everything that taking it out will, and actually much more..
memory.jpg

the stick of "enhanced memories" sdram had a "mushkin" sticker on it when I bought it, so using pcwizard is usually more accurate than just looking at the sticker anyway...

slayer322 said:
i know mushkin is very picky about where and what memory u use with it, try without the mushkin.
Why would I want to? the Mushkin works fine with my corsair...

i know the newer stuff works fine but if he doesn't have them in the same color slots or has the older mushkin it wont work with an other ram, old muskin wouldn't even work with just one of the stick in, there had to be both, not sure if thats the case now, shouldn't be.

Back
Top Bottom