Please Help This Is Very Important, Troubleshooting Issues

pooker

In Runtime
Ok well I was supposed to sell my computer today for a couple hundred so I could buy some parts for my car to finish. This is a custom computer I built for myself and was only selling it for a couple hundred, I don't have the money to take it to a computer guy.

So heres the story, it always worked fine then today when we went to go start it, it would get stuck in the windows startup screen where the blue bar goes across the bottom. I was told to reset all my bios etc to default. Wow was that not a good idea know it wont even start without the cd. I was noticing on boot up that it only reads my dvd rw as a master, no hard drive, floppy , or my secondary cd rw plugged in as a slave. What could the problem be and what do I need to do to fix my previous mistake. Help please!

Wow... When you reset the bios unplug the system from the wall socket. Press the power button on the case for a second or two. Then either pull the cmos battery or move the cmos jumper to the clear position. Wait about 2 or 3 mins then put the battery back or move the jumper back to the run position. Then plug back in and boot up. Sounds like to me the bios may have got scrambled. It happens at the worst possible time. Murphy lives... Let the guys here know what happens.

Wow you are really smart, :p So I should reset the bios again? Unplug my computer then push my case power button up front for a few seconds? Whats the cmos battery though? Sorry I am stupid when it comes to computers. :(

I alright I just did what you asked, started it up once and it wanted the cd, then started it up again and it read the harddrive this time but still the same problem. It didn't read any of my slaves just my dvd-rw and my harddrive and still got locked in that blue bar moving across the screen, the blue bar will go by once then in the second time it stops about 35% of the way there. It will also not let me go in safe mode, it starts up on the load up screen and right on the end it freezes there also.

edit- nevermind, I can get into safe mode.

Safe mode is working again, I tried chkdsk /r and some other things and nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What were you doing on the machine the last time you had it working? Any upgrades or software / driver installs etc? Instead of using safemode, give last known good configuration a go. If they dont work, then boot into safe mode and do a system restore from there.

Raffaz said:
What were you doing on the machine the last time you had it working? Any upgrades or software / driver installs etc? Instead of using safemode, give last known good configuration a go. If they dont work, then boot into safe mode and do a system restore from there.
I tried the last good config and it didn't work :(. I will try system restore, I built this computer for my grandma and there was nothing happening at the time. I think she said it just shutdown or froze up. Thanks for the advice, I cannot believe I did not try that I am gonna go do that real quick and see what it does. Thanks for all the advice guys!

Back
Top Bottom