Downgrading to XP

gplpark92

BSOD
What do you guys think? Should I downgrade to XP for a month? Or just leave it with Vista.

I've just about had it with Vista, because:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
1) I'm pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del every 10 seconds because some stupid program isn't responding.

2) Everything has to run in Administrator or XP Capable mode.

3) Half my games don't run on Vista, and the ones that do, are actually running SLOWER when Vista is supposedto be "optimized with games".

4) My wireless connection keeps disconnecting, and I can't "automatically connect" because I get bluescreen due to my Wireless drivers.

5) It's laggy. Even on my overclocked 7600GT, my mouse is faster than the scroller. (on Aero AND Classic)

6) 2GB on XP = 1GB on Vista, 1GB on XP = 512MB on Vista, etc. (more hardware-intensive).
--------------------------------------------------------------------
The main reason I have Vista is because of Halo 2 PC, which I found out isn't coming out till May 8th (1 Month), so I want to downgrade back to XP. BUT ITS SO MUCH WORK reinstalling all my software and all, just for one month's use (is it worth it)?

I'm hoping that by then, there will be new drivers out for all my hardware, and that there will be less bugs and better patches, because its driving me insane right now.

And i'm not staying on XP, because I feel left behind, and pretty soon EVERYTHING will be running on Vista. :(

But for that, yes I will have to reinstall ALL 32650932853905 programs, and pay all that $3409523509238329048230948905 for more RAM........ :confused:

why not partition your hd and install xp on the partition with the basics of what you need then dual boot., use xp for a month then go back to vista when you updates come out, personaly i hate vista so im staying with xp

dual boot until the service pack comes out id say 85% of gamers are waiting for the first Vista service pack to come out to buy it

You could spare a dual boot effect for now. But, I'd say that Service Pack 1 will fix the main flaws, but I think the gamers will find to hit a wall...Vista's performence in game will remain the same for ever in the entire Earth's life.

lhuser said:
Vista's performence in game will remain the same for ever in the entire Earth's life.

LOL :p Vista is just completly plop, definatly need to wait till service pack 1 comes out, I'm dreading putting it on our school computers :p

Steff said:
LOL :p Vista is just completly plop, definatly need to wait till service pack 1 comes out, I'm dreading putting it on our school computers :p

Yeah, but at least it'll give you something to do. :p

I'm not getting it until I need it though, peferctly fine with XP for the moment.

Toby said:
Yeah, but at least it'll give you something to do. :p

I'm not getting it until I need it though, peferctly fine with XP for the moment.

Well said ,i couldnt agree more :)

the only reason i have it is because i wanted to test it. it was free anyway. i wouldnt pay to test it. f**k that :p

Steff said:
best be carefull , ast my school they aint putting it on till A they get some new comps and b all the IT staff know about vista cos at the mo i reckon a few kids know more about vista than the IT staff , i dont cos i havent got it but i already know more than them anyway LOL :D

vista doesnt seem very network friendly atm lol. well xp can have pretty much everything disabled, i doubt theres ways of setting up a network thats just as decent yet. i just have a feeling there will be more loop holes with vista when its in schools.

Back
Top Bottom