ok how do u set permenent wallpapers?

dbzkid

In Runtime
its somewhat permanent in my school the computers have like pictures ontop of the wallpaper and if i change the wallpaper it wont change the picture that is on top ow the walpaper it just changes the wallpaper behind the picture
can any one tell me how to do it?

Its probably a group policy that the school has setup, you cant change it unless your an administrator.

it sounds like you have user restrictions. i dont think theres a way to do it unless you have admin access

surely your home computer doesnt have restrictions. just do it the usual way. right click the desktop. go to properties, then desktop. or even open the pic you want, right click it and go to set as background (if opening in picture and fax viewer)

its kinda hard to explain but I know how to change wallpapers but there is a way to set a picture so that u cant usually remove it by just setting another wallpaper

dbzkid said:
its kinda hard to explain but I know how to change wallpapers but there is a way to set a picture so that u cant usually remove it by just setting another wallpaper

youve lost me. hopefully someone else can help

dbzkid said:

Listen newbie its about having privildeges on the computer. On a home computer you can a default image but can be changed if needed. Also on a home computer you can have guest accounts setup on XP. You might be able to set it up so the guests cant change the wall paper but I dont know how.

I think you set up guests to have limited privilldeges.

On school computers you will not be able to change wall paper - they have set it up so you can't. Its like a bank will have set it up so their customers can't get into the safe and only authorised people are allowed. School kids are not authrised to change wallpapers.

Anyway should you be trying for your GCSEs (UK) or exams rather than fart-arsing around and being childish?

dbzkid said:
its somewhat permanent in my school the computers have like pictures ontop of the wallpaper and if i change the wallpaper it wont change the picture that is on top ow the walpaper it just changes the wallpaper behind the picture
can any one tell me how to do it?

since when is messing up the schools predifined wallpaper part of the national curriculum?

no need to be so rude! theres some programs like "microsoft shared computer toolkit" that can stop people from changing wallpapers on home pc's, but thats got nothing to do with what he wants though.
edit: @raveboy, arnt you kind of a newbie aswell lol?

Back
Top Bottom