windows 98 and xp

lhamil64 said:
hmm... i wonder if i could connect the two computers using an eithernet cable i have an adapter for windows 98 and my xp computer has one built in.

ill try that lol
you have to make sure it is a crossover cable , a normal network cable to link a router to a comp will not work

darn windows 98 says it cant find some files on the 98 CD ill try again today LOL.
well for now im just using the other computer running windows xp because it has a floppy drive. im just saving some things on a floppy and going back and foruth between the two computers.

lhamil64 said:
darn windows 98 says it cant find some files on the 98 CD ill try again today LOL.
well for now im just using the other computer running windows xp because it has a floppy drive. im just saving some things on a floppy and going back and foruth between the two computers.
floppy , that is gonna take aages , hows about put the hard drive from the 98 computer inside the xp computer , theny you could access all of the files on the 98 hard drive

lhamil64 said:
well the xp computer is not the same laptop as the 98 so i can't do that lol
you can get a case to trn the laptop han external usb drive
maybe this would be better

also is the desktop sata and the laptop ide

i think i might have gotton the eithernet adapter to work on my 98. but i don't have any eithernet plugs in my house in the wall but i have a few on the back of my wireless rouder. i plugged it into it and ran the Internet Connection Wizard but it still doesn't work. did i do something wrong?

Just burn files to disc then transfer across or use a external hard drive - simple - jobs a good 'un!

his 98 pc sounds s**t so i doubt it has a cd or dvd burner. its possible though. dont you have a usb socket in your router? i do on mine. the speeds slower but it should work on 98. not sure if ethernet does. im guessing it does some how

What you could do is actually google "Windows 98 Unofficial Sp2". Comes with all updates and the USB sticks will be recognised. It's a good thing to do.

lhuser said:
What you could do is actually google "Windows 98 Unofficial Sp2". Comes with all updates and the USB sticks will be recognised. It's a good thing to do.
yeah i remember that now , i used it for a while on a 98 computer it worked wuite well only thing it had a prob with was an external dvd rw i had but i sorted it out , just had to install drivers off internet

Back
Top Bottom