Mad Popups

teachmeplease

Baseband Member
Alright well we just out high speed internet back up and i use Firefox but I still get at least about 10 Internet Explorer pop ups every 10 minutes. It is taking up all of my memory and is killin my cpu and everything runs way slow. I end the processes but they just keep coming back. Please help thanks

Kallas

anti virus scan , spyware scan and firewall , alsoyou may wanna update your antivirus and firewall and spyARE software as they could be new updates depending on how long you have been withough internet

yea i updated my virus scan to the avg newest updated.. I dont have any real good spyware programs tho do you have any recommendations?

norton internet security has a brilliant ad blocker ,i have 2005 on and its near perfect

Download hijackthis and post your log, it sounds like something is installed on ya computer.

if you are running a ligit version of XP i would also download windows defender. It is an under-rated anti-spyware program that does a great job when done hand-in-hand with adaware (which was mentioned above).

Go to the tool bar at the top of the IE screen, Select tools and then select turn on popup blocker.

Back
Top Bottom