Laptop freezes after 5-10 minutes. Recently reformatted and had 1 GB ram installed.

Re: Laptop freezes after 5-10 minutes. Recently reformatted and had 1 GB ram installed.

It's freezing again.

Re: Laptop freezes after 5-10 minutes. Recently reformatted and had 1 GB ram installed.

So do whats been suggested so far. Have you even taken the new RAM out to see what happens? Everything you have said is pointing to that.

I don't have the tools to open up my laptop (and it also may void my 3 yr full coverage warranty).

I can have the repair service look at my laptop and they'll decide what to do.

But, a few weeks ago (before the RAM installation) the laptop wouldn't boot (it kept saying "Fan Error")

When I plugged in the power, it booted, and I never got the Fan Error again. Is it possible that all I need is a replacement fan? (could the freezing be a cooling issue with the extra power needed for the RAM upgrade?)

Hang on, does that not mean that your warranty is already been voided? Its already been opened. Also if you have a warranty, then get it repaired on that, its what its there for.

I've never opened it myself. The RAM installation was done by the school certified IBM center.

But yeah, I will be going either tomorrow or Thursday to give it in for repair.

I would check the warranty, alot of them say that anyone who doesnt work for them will void the warranty, so it wont matter if they are certified or not.

Oh like, I'm pretty sure it's okay. I bought my laptop from my college through IBM, and repairs are free for 3 years (this is the 3rd year). Also one time my hard drive needed a replacement, and it was free. And one time the keyboard needed a replacement and it was free. So it should be fine. It's the same people as previous visits.

well, if its not the RAM then the next thing would be the Hard Drive, stuttering or freezing is sometimes a Hard Drive thing.

Back
Top Bottom