New, used car

Now I gotta sort through all those links.

Edit-
Whew, links removed and sorted in order of importance!

I like 1,2,5, and 6. The only thing I don't like about the EP3 is where they put the shift handle. Personally, I can't stand automatics, less fun than having a stick and clutch.

Edit: Nothing much happening up here Mercury, just enjoying the weekend while I still can.

Dude, car 1 is a rebuld title, are you seriously going to get your self into that..IMO stay away from cars that have been damaged, its just going to bit you in the as later, unless your like a mechanic...I duno, I would seriously think about that if I were you..

Doesn't mean it was actually rebuilt. It means it was stolen, stripped, and redone, and got a new title.

ArrizX said:
Doesn't mean it was actually rebuilt. It means it was stolen, stripped, and redone, and got a new title.

sorry to break it to you, but thats not what it means..I mean you can still buy it, but might want to do some research on what the titles actually means...

Definition: A vehicle that has been written off by an insurance company as a total loss -- and is issued a salvage title -- can be rebuilt to roadworthy condition. After an official inspection, such vehicles will be issued Rebuilt or Reconstructed Titles. Such titles tip off a potential new owner to the car's troubled history

So basically it got into a huge accident, insurance said it was totaled, a guy bought it for cheap..then "rebuilt" it...So, there can still be problems within the car..

Hmm... Yes, but I ment that this one has only then stripped. I don't believe its actually been in a wreck.

We'll just have to talk to the guy and see.

G35x said:
sorry to break it to you, but thats not what it means..I mean you can still buy it, but might want to do some research on what the titles actually means...

Definition: A vehicle that has been written off by an insurance company as a total loss -- and is issued a salvage title -- can be rebuilt to roadworthy condition. After an official inspection, such vehicles will be issued Rebuilt or Reconstructed Titles. Such titles tip off a potential new owner to the car's troubled history

So basically it got into a huge accident, insurance said it was totaled, a guy bought it for cheap..then "rebuilt" it...So, there can still be problems within the car..

No not always.

A car that can be written off by an insurance company as a total loss can also be a car that has been stolen and stripped, it doesn't always mean its been in an accident. Insurance companies can "total" out a car that has been stolen and stripped, it would fall under the same thing as a car being wrecked and totaled. They basically look at the car, and if its suffered enough damage, and its not worth repairing (whether it being in an accident or stolen/stripped) the insurance company basically just gives you the money for the value of the car and calls it good. You are certainly welcome to buy whats left of the car, and install a new engine/seats ect, whatever was stolen, and have a perfectly running vehicle. The only difference is that you now have a rebuilt title because the car is not in its original state.

Happened to a friend of mine's wife, she brought her pimped out Honda out to this area when she moved out here. A few weeks later she found her car missing. Police were called, took a report ect. They ended up finding the car a few days later in an empty lot, stripped to hell, wheels, seats, stereo stuff, hood, engine, alarm all gone. After she settled everything with the insurance company, they called it as a total loss, she got her full value of the car. Done deal. Then my buddy ended up buying the car back, and rebuilding it, installing a new engine, seats, everything that was stolen. He was then issued a rebuilt title.

So no it doesn't always mean the car has been in an accident.

So Josh, hows the order of the top 4 lookin?

Dad isn't home yet from signin some papers, so I havent been able to talk to him.

But I put the top 4 in order of importance and logical order in which I want them.. Looks good?

Back
Top Bottom