Upgrading to run crysis

borat_sagdiyev said:
do u have a pci-express slot on your motherboard?
yeah i do and thanks for your info although most people posted a bunch of junk and building a whole new comp to run one game on the highest specs would be stupid....i have a part time job

now.....what powersupply do you guys think i should buy (link me one from tigerdirect.ca please im in canada)

okay, fine. If you think the information i give you is crap, then you won't like any of my recommendations for a powersupply. So be it. You can do your own research and learn from your own mistakes.

rudster816 said:
you act like money grows on trees

Whatever. You can either upgrade and spend lots of money while getting a subpar experience with Crysis, or you can completely start from scratch and have an awesome experience. Up to you. The fact is that you're going to spend a lot regardless if you upgrade or build a new computer.

rahxephon said:
yeah i do and thanks for your info although most people posted a bunch of junk and building a whole new comp to run one game on the highest specs would be stupid....i have a part time job

now.....what powersupply do you guys think i should buy (link me one from tigerdirect.ca please im in canada)

Hey, it's your gaming experience, not mine. No one is shoving a gun in your face and telling you to build a new computer. If you want to waste money upgrading, no one is going to stop you.

dude defiently get a new powersupply, and dude upgrade your processor or else your comp will be a major bottleneck, get a powersupply from newegg their cheap with quality

You might want to chill on Vista for now. It is not a fan of 3D gaming, or at least on my machine. XP will work fine, just hold off on Vista until DirectX 10 comes out, that is, if it ever does....

ummm...with Vista comes DX10...I have no idea what you're talking about. Its the games that don't have DX10 implemented.

If you do get a high powered card, it will be dragged behind by your cpu. It is going to be a crazy bottleneck.

Yeah, Vista comes with DirectX 10. You just need a video card and game that implements the API in order for it to work.

ARGHHHH why do computers have to be so damn complicated.....
well im probably just gunna sell off my parts and upgrade step by step till i have a whole new comp.

thx for your info

Oh yeah and Ownage im sorry if you missunderstood what i meant when i said a bunch of what was said was crap...i wasnt talking about you i was talking about all the "money grows on trees shit" sorry for the misshap.

That's the unfortunate thing about computer technology. The flow moves faster than you can cope with. Build a rig, a few months later and it's obsolete.

rahxephon said:
ARGHHHH why do computers have to be so damn complicated.....
well im probably just gunna sell off my parts and upgrade step by step till i have a whole new comp.

thx for your info

Oh yeah and Ownage im sorry if you missunderstood what i meant when i said a bunch of what was said was crap...i wasnt talking about you i was talking about all the "money grows on trees shit" sorry for the misshap.

Its cool. Don't worry about it. But really, you can build a very nice computer for a little bit of money from scratch.

Back
Top Bottom