Measurements of computer parts

BGates14

In Runtime
Does anyone know the measurement of the biggest motherboard or biggest PC parts? I am building a case and would like to make it so that anything would fit. Even the average measurements would be fine. My idea itself is large, so the fact that with biggest parts it would be big is fine.

older motherboards where realy large look on a few computer wesites , quite a lot of them show you the measurements , btw what you building the case from

BGates14 said:
Wood because its a school project in woodworking.
damm lucky , i wanted to make a computer case but we had to make a stupid childs toy , i designed a train in a 3d design suite and i am making it at the moment , i will post some pics of the 3d design later

here it is , the rendering isnt the best but it was a quick one
reainrendered.jpg

Well, older stuff, like ISA cards tend to e big.

This one, I think it's the biggest thing you can have:
ISA_card_angle-1.jpg

We had to make a gumball machine as our first project and we're pretty much done that, now we can either make whatever we want as long as we have the plans / design or a chair that they provide. I was going to build a guitar at first, but this place ran out of kits. Today I was thinking about making a foot rest and I'm thinking, nah, it'd be too easy and basic and it'd only take like a week. So I thought, why not make the foot rest into a computer case, and boom theres my project.

I made the whole thing today out of foam board to make sure everything fit and I could make it correctly, the only thing I'm not sure how to make would be the back part with all the slots, anyone know how I could manage to make this? Note: Most likely I will be using a flat peice of wood, like an ordinary peice.

drill holes in a line, then clean it up with a chisel?

and the biggest parts? There are server motherboards 13"x16". the most important thing I would do would be to raise the motherboard off the bottom of the case by maybe 4" or so to make bottom access easier (and to make room for more slots for stuff that doesn't connect to pci slots)

I'm talking more about the area where the pci slots would go, how could i make a clean area for that with slots?

Back
Top Bottom